GEN 2 Ordered new HRE.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Agree Dinoone, I don't listen to them. You can tastefully mod the truck and make it look and drive better than any on the road. I know these guys love their methods and balloon tires, that's just not my style. Neither is rolling coal, but I bet some of the people here love that shit.

Anyways I ordered the Brembo then I found out about those crazy new truck calipers coming in June. I'm tempted to do the brakes later.. the thing is they require 22" wheels or they won't fit.

So I'm talking to my guy on Monday we might switch it up. I'm not sure... Initially I ordered 20" with 37s.. then I looked at more pics.. I'm on the fence.

I am getting P161 in gloss charcoal. I prefer them over Methods or Fuel any day of the week :)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 PM ----------

Proud to be a "Jennie" I guess. Although I was in a Gen1 before many of the people here so... does being a Jennie make me awesome?

I don't think there's anything tasteful or, more importantly, useful about big wheels or road racing brakes on a Raptor. It's kind of like putting a 25x scope on slug gun. Sure, it's now more accurate, but what the hell are you going to use it for?

You claim to care about how the truck drives and handles, but you're putting big wheels on it that will make it ride like shit. And how much are you really going to improve the on-road handling, anyway? Does your truck even have a rear anti-roll bar? Mine doesn't. Further, everything you do to improve the on-road handling will come at the expense of the off-road handling, which is kind of the whole point of the Raptor.

Ironically, the bro-dozer crowd you are trash talking would probably love your wheels. Around here, we care more about function than form.

OP
OP
Bullishone

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't think there's anything tasteful or, more importantly, useful about big wheels or road racing brakes on a Raptor. It's kind of like putting a 25x scope on slug gun. Sure, it's now more accurate, but what the hell are you going to use it for?

You claim to care about how the truck drives and handles, but you're putting big wheels on it that will make it ride like shit. And how much are you really going to improve the on-road handling, anyway? Does your truck even have a rear anti-roll bar? Mine doesn't. Further, everything you do to improve the on-road handling will come at the expense of the off-road handling, which is kind of the whole point of the Raptor.

Ironically, the bro-dozer crowd you are trash talking would probably love your wheels. Around here, we care more about function than form.
Coming from a man who knows what he's talking about right? Let me help you out a little...

First off, Brembo is making specific brakes for trucks like the Raptor. The brakes on the Raptor suck and anyone who actually knows how to drive will tell you the same thing. The brakes could use a serious upgrade.

http://www.brembo.com/en/company/news/brembo-all-new-b-m8-calipers-unveiled-at-sema

I may have the patience to wait for them, but since I might keep it on 20s I'll probably stick with the "regular" Brembo brakes.

Secondly, by going with 20s and 37s the truck will handle better than your shaggonwagon any day of the week. I'll throw my factory beadlocks on if I ever decide to go "dune hopping" in the Pacific Northwest. I mean, I live in Seattle.. I don't live in the desert, there's not a ton of mud in the city... meanwhile my beadlocks will sit nicely in my garage on the shelf.

I also added a Retrax Powertrax MX and a bedrug on on the floor since I already got factory liner on it. I like it because I can keep my emergency kit in it just incase I have to pull a beautiful lady in her Gwagon up a hill in the middle of winter.

Then I'll be upgrading the exhaust, getting a tune, and making it much faster. ..and for fun I'll add some ADD bumpers and a train horn, because I want to ...

Yes, it's my truck, it will turn heads (in a good way).. and I am a proud Jenny. It makes for an enjoyable commute to work while I sip on Starbucks and listen to DMX.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Coming from a man who knows what he's talking about right? Let me help you out a little...

First off, Brembo is making specific brakes for trucks like the Raptor. The brakes on the Raptor suck and anyone who actually knows how to drive will tell you the same thing. The brakes could use a serious upgrade.

Brembo All-New B-M8 Calipers Unveiled at SEMA | Brembo - Official Website

I may have the patience to wait for them, but since I might keep it on 20s I'll probably stick with the "regular" Brembo brakes.

Secondly, by going with 20s and 37s the truck will handle better than your shaggonwagon any day of the week. I'll throw my factory beadlocks on if I ever decide to go "dune hopping" in the Pacific Northwest. I mean, I live in Seattle.. I don't live in the desert, there's not a ton of mud in the city... meanwhile my beadlocks will sit nicely in my garage on the shelf.

I also added a Retrax Powertrax MX and a bedrug on on the floor since I already got factory liner on it. I like it because I can keep my emergency kit in it just incase I have to pull a beautiful lady in her Gwagon up a hill in the middle of winter.

Then I'll be upgrading the exhaust, getting a tune, and making it much faster. ..and for fun I'll add some ADD bumpers and a train horn, because I want to ...

Yes, it's my truck, it will turn heads (in a good way).. and I am a proud Jenny. It makes for an enjoyable commute to work while I sip on Starbucks and listen to DMX.

Where exactly is it that you're going to need all the fade resistance of those massive brembos, the nurburgring?

Enjoy your bro-dozer.

OP
OP
Bullishone

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Where exactly is it that you're going to need all the fade resistance of those massive brembos, the nurburgring?

Enjoy your bro-dozer.
Thanks man I will! Appreciate it.

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Enjoy your bro-dozer.

How do you even get outta bed with all that hypocrisy weighing you down

Where exactly is it that you're going to need all the power from those massive upgrades, the nurburgring?

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks man I will! Appreciate it.

Do us a favor and report back about the stopping distances you get out of those jumbo brembos. Based on the reports from guys who have big brake kits that I've seen or heard so far, it seems that the real issue with the Raptor's brakes may in fact be the poor weight balance of a pickup truck combined with all that suspension travel, which takes the rear wheels almost completely out of the equation when you're on the brakes hard.

How do you even get outta bed with all that hypocrisy weighing you down

Where exactly is it that you're going to need all the power from those massive upgrades, the nurburgring?

The extra power has come in very handy for me in several real world situations.

Big brake kits on a truck with mushy suspension, though... I have my doubts about the real world usability, which is why I haven't pulled the trigger on the Alcon kit.

But hey, if all you care about is bling, then go for it. As for me, my truck has been built specifically to be as stock appearing as can be.

As for tooner wheelz on a Raptor... that's just a no.

OP
OP
Bullishone

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do us a favor and report back about the stopping distances you get out of those jumbo brembos. Based on the reports from guys who have big brake kits that I've seen or heard so far, it seems that the real issue with the Raptor's brakes may in fact be the poor weight balance of a pickup truck combined with all that suspension travel, which takes the rear wheels almost completely out of the equation when you're on the brakes hard.

The extra power has come in very handy for me in several real world situations.

Big brake kits on a truck with mushy suspension, though... I have my doubts about the real world usability, which is why I haven't pulled the trigger on the Alcon kit.

But hey, if all you care about is bling, then go for it. As for me, my truck has been built specifically to be as stock appearing as can be.

As for tooner wheelz on a Raptor... that's just a no.
Big brakes on this truck make a massive difference in stopping distance. I'm surprised someone would plan all those performance mods with shit brakes. Crazy. Also the rolling momentum of larger tires should include larger brakes.

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with the larger tires should come with better brakes. How much more would it really cost ford to put on better brakes, probably not much. I have asked about upgrading on another forum already. May or may not upgrade when it get it. Will see.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Big brakes on this truck make a massive difference in stopping distance. I'm surprised someone would plan all those performance mods with shit brakes. Crazy. Also the rolling momentum of larger tires should include larger brakes.

Show me where you've ever seen anyone report back about a massive reduction in stopping distance, please. Fact is, no one yet has seen any real improvement.

Does the brembo kit come with a new master cylinder? A better ABS control module? Fact is, the factory brakes are more than capable of locking up the wheels, so grip isn't what's limiting the braking performance. You've researched all this, of course. Do tell us about your findings.

I've never needed any more brakes than I've got. I understand the limitations of my vehicle (for example, the lack of a rear anti roll bar).

And I also don't drive like an idiot like the train horned stanced out coal rollers seem to.

Guys like you give us all a bad name.

OP
OP
Bullishone

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Show me where you've ever seen anyone report back about a massive reduction in stopping distance, please. Fact is, no one yet has seen any real improvement.

Does the brembo kit come with a new master cylinder? A better ABS control module? Fact is, the factory brakes are more than capable of locking up the wheels, so grip isn't what's limiting the braking performance. You've researched all this, of course. Do tell us about your findings.

I've never needed any more brakes than I've got. I understand the limitations of my vehicle (for example, the lack of a rear anti roll bar).

And I also don't drive like an idiot like the train horned stanced out coal rollers seem to.

Guys like you give us all a bad name.
"Guys like you give us a bad name.."

You mean entrepreneurs like me who employ people and help others achieve their dreams...all while enjoying life to its fullest and treating others with respect? If that gives you a bad name I'm sorry man, I wish I could help! Good luck :)