GEN 2 OEM Fox Shock Upgrade?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
1. They COULD perform better than the stock Fox Shocks
2. They will cost a SHIT TON of $$$
3. They will give you bragging rights

How badly do you want to spend more money?

Nah it's not a COULD...it's a WILL. Increased fluid capacity and better internals (valving, piston, etc). It'll be a solid upgrade guaranteed. It's also guaranteed they'll cost ya, but it's all about how hard you're pushing the truck.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nah it's not a COULD...it's a WILL. Increased fluid capacity and better internals (valving, piston, etc). It'll be a solid upgrade guaranteed. It's also guaranteed they'll cost ya, but it's all about how hard you're pushing the truck.

Nah, it's all about how much you want to (1) spend on your ride and (2) impress others.

If you're driving the Raptor hard enough to feel the difference between the stock Fox shocks and these super-high-priced shocks you need to do a LOT more than upgrade the shocks.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Nah, it's all about how much you want to (1) spend on your ride and (2) impress others.

If you're driving the Raptor hard enough to feel the difference between the stock Fox shocks and these super-high-priced shocks you need to do a LOT more than upgrade the shocks.

100% untrue. Aftermarket will outperform the OEMs every time. Don't get it twisted because they are both 3.0s that doesn't tell the whole story at all.

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Better valving, cooling, and adjustability. While the truck is impressive in stock form, it wouldn't be difficult to notice the differences.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score

1rbvd7.jpg

5fc4e2c89ee7917b5f92adfaef95124f.jpeg

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is what I said...

And you said...

100% untrue. Aftermarket will outperform the OEMs every time. Don't get it twisted because they are both 3.0s that doesn't tell the whole story at all.

I didn't say they won't outperform them I said that if you feel the difference between the stock Fox shocks and these super-high-priced shocks you need to do a LOT more than upgrade the shocks.

And sure, you'll notice the difference but when? Doubtful you'll notice it on the street. And unless you're pushing it off road it won't be as noticeable.

It still comes down to how much you want to spend on bling bling that will perform better less than 5% of the time.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
This is what I said...

And you said...

I didn't say they won't outperform them I said that if you feel the difference between the stock Fox shocks and these super-high-priced shocks you need to do a LOT more than upgrade the shocks.

And sure, you'll notice the difference but when? Doubtful you'll notice it on the street. And unless you're pushing it off road it won't be as noticeable.

It still comes down to how much you want to spend on bling bling that will perform better less than 5% of the time.

Agree to disagree then. :cheers:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk