New Lug Nut Pitch FYI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this was posted here at all...Did a Search saw nada...Googled it and found out from the General F150 Forum that Ford in their infinite genius changed the Pitch of their 2015+ Wheel Studs from 14x2 to 14x1.5.

So when I started to mount my Black Rhino wheels from my 14 Raptor to my 17 of course the Lug nuts were useless...so that project has been scrapped until I can get new lugs in...which will be mid week and a total PITA since I had allocated the time for it today...GO FORD.

Hopefully this saves any other previous Raptor owners some time.

OP
OP
B

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
D

Deleted member 12951

Yeah, well, when I had searched nothing came up...so figured I would post to help save anyone/someone the headache.

Unless it says Warning New Wheel Stud Pitch in the Owners Manual I don't know why/how anyone would notice it there...

The search here absolutely sucks, sucks big time. Use google but search within the site. This might help show you how to be an expert searcher:

http://bfy.tw/BFv4

OP
OP
B

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The search here absolutely sucks, sucks big time. Use google but search within the site. This might help show you how to be an expert searcher:

LMGTFY

lol...that's AWESOME...did not know that...thanks very much. I actually found some slotted Gorilla lugs...black and all...that I had...but now I am dealing with my TPMS won't relearn...and after searching for and finding a lot of people dealing w/the Relearn vs. New Sensor Pairing...I could not get the sensors that worked fine on my 14 to sync up on my 17...so more research it is.

OP
OP
B

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Different TPMS sensors on a 14 vs a 17. They will never work work each other.

LMAO...of course Right Eric...why wouldn't that be the case too...Oh my Lord...

I saw a bunch of conflicting posts in several forums about this...and I just called my tire guy at the local shop...he of course does not even see the 17s listed yet, but...says his computer shows the 15s and 16s being the same as the 14s with 315MHz...

Do you know what's what and have a part #?

Thanks Man.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nah, they are different. Lots of guys have run into this on the non-Raptor 2015+ trucks. If you want to run you old wheels on you new truck, you need to put the 15+ sensors in the older wheels. I disabled the TPMS in my truck- **** all that noise.

Oris19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LMAO...of course Right Eric...why wouldn't that be the case too...Oh my Lord...

I saw a bunch of conflicting posts in several forums about this...and I just called my tire guy at the local shop...he of course does not even see the 17s listed yet, but...says his computer shows the 15s and 16s being the same as the 14s with 315MHz...

Do you know what's what and have a part #?

Thanks Man.

These are the ones I used when I changed the wheels on mine. They worked perfect. And this was the best price I could find at the time. The uppers in the pic have silver stems. The lower 4 are black. Amazon

Attachments

• IMG_4698.jpg
    IMG_4698.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 95
OP
OP
B

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These are the ones I used when I changed the wheels on mine. They worked perfect. And this was the best price I could find at the time. The uppers in the pic have silver stems. The lower 4 are black. Amazon

Thanks so much!!!

Just ordered the Black Ones since I have these Wheels...Man nothing is easy lol.

Attachments

• JMA 17 BR Everest Wheels (4).jpg
    JMA 17 BR Everest Wheels (4).jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 74
  • JMA 17 BR Everest Wheels (1).jpg
    JMA 17 BR Everest Wheels (1).jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 81