GEN 2 Need Suggestions: Lowering Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
KryptosXLayer2

KryptosXLayer2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly, shackles and adding some weight to the bed should get you that 1/2”. They used to sell a bladder for the bed that you can fill with water to make it ride better.

Because I honestly don't know, is the idea of shackles vs leveling kit for the rear really going to affect the height of the front part of the cab when entering the garage? I am trying to picture one of those awful Carolina Squat trucks for a much more drastic version of what I need to accomplish, and I just don't know how much lower the front corner goes down by lowering the rear. The geometry just isn't working in my head, mainly because this is the first truck I've ever considered buying!

Buy an FX4. Parking problem solved.

Not helpful, but thanks

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
How much are you wanting to drop the rear?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Come on now- you don't "need" a Raptor. You want a Raptor.

There are plenty of trucks that sit slightly lower and will take you to the same places a Raptor can. The Raptor is setup for high speed off road conditions. I'm guessing you aren't doing 70 MPH through disaster zones?

DrippinRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Come on now- you don't "need" a Raptor. You want a Raptor.

There are plenty of trucks that sit slightly lower and will take you to the same places a Raptor can. The Raptor is setup for high speed off road conditions. I'm guessing you aren't doing 70 MPH through disaster zones?

Ding ding!

Glamisfan

Reaction score
I really don't understand all the Debbie downer's on this forum. If you have nothing constructive to say then just move on without commenting.

To the OP, stock the front is lower than the rear. So I'm thinking if you put on 2 inch shackles on the rear to lower the rear 1 inch, it should net you half an inch at the roof. And it's not the front of the roof that you need to drop it's the rear of the roof because that's already higher then front due to the forward rake.

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
There are a couple ways that you can approach this. Factory has a 2 inch block between the Axle and the Leaf spring. If you wanted to, you could remove the factory block but make sure that you get a set of shorter U bolts and a bump stop from an 2017-F150 4wd.

Deavers +1 and a set of shackles would also help nicely.

Go hunting for wild boars and throw them in the bed. A few hundred will do the job. [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Idleone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not trying to thread jack, but does anyone have information or link to whats needed to lower a gen 1? Ive seen it but cant find it now. Dropping and cutting for 37's. Thanks