GEN 2 Need Suggestions: Lowering Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
KryptosXLayer2

KryptosXLayer2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy Shit $300 a month...............LMAO

Have you ever been to NYC, $300 might get you a week in a ****** garage in a part of town you don't want to be in!!!

Anyway the stock BFG KO2s 34.41" Tall so there not true 35", so to speak.
A drop down shackle for the rear leaf springs will lower the truck.
And if research this forum you find many have done so to get the rake out of the truck and have it ride level.

$300 may not seem like a lot, but for not getting paid NYC stock broker wages, I'm not going to use it to park in a garage once or twice a week for two hours at a time....

Not my thing, but I really would like to see a dropped down “urban assault build” from one of the Starbuck peeps with deep pockets.

Imagine
Big Michelin Defender LTX tires
Drop it down lower
Big turbos and tune the shit out of a Gen 2 within an inch of the engines life

Sounds interesting, but I've had my share of lowered vehicles - I'm not going for slammed, I'm going for a few inches while keeping this thing 90% stock (for once with a vehicle)

Have your company pay you for what it cost to park in the garage and put that towards the $300 month parking fee to not park there. You own a raptor, stop complaining about $300 and just consider its the cost to own a raptor since you don't want anything else. This is your choice.

You can get longer rear shackles to lower the rear but most likely won't help the cab enough. You are left with letting the air out of your tires and just carry a compressor with you. I have the Smittybilt one that is rated for 5.65 CFM and is about $160. Anything else you do will ruin this truck.

My company doesn't pay the $300/month to park in the garage, they have passes as part of their office lease. It cost them $25/month for my specific pass, so if they took it back and gave me the cash, it doesn't even out in the slightest. See above as to why I'm not spending $300 for a couple hours per week, Raptor owner or not....

I'm going to be mildly serious here against my better judgement...

This is an option you could look into if you feel like spending some cash, but still having a capable, good looking, off-road truck while fitting into most any garage.

The Ultimate Fun Haver - Speedhunters

JR is married to one of my good friend's sister, I've spent too long with him in a strip club in Orlando once, he's a great guy and has a ton of fun flat out. That truck is awesome, but not what I'm going for with the Raptor.

OP
OP
KryptosXLayer2

KryptosXLayer2

Full Access Member
Reaction score

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you can't get another parking space that'll fit the Raptor get another vehicle for driving to work.

What you're wanting to do is like taking a Ferrari and putting a Prius drivetrain in it.

OP
OP
KryptosXLayer2

KryptosXLayer2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have those sitting on my shelf, just look a bit beat. Just would need a new powdercoat and bushing and be just like new. Would sell them as is for $60 shipped.

https://camburg.com/shop/suspension/camburg-rear-shackle-bushing-sleeve-kit/

We'll be in touch soon if I confirm that fits!

If you can't get another parking space that'll fit the Raptor get another vehicle for driving to work.

What you're wanting to do is like taking a Ferrari and putting a Prius drivetrain in it.

I've considered taking my wife's car to the office when I need to and the Raptor everywhere else I need to go, but your analogy is a tad bit extreme.... I get your point and I'm not trying to do anything too drastic, but I don't see how putting shackles or a leveling kit and/or 33" tires instead of the 34.41" is like stripping out a Ferrari motor for a no-balls hybrid one

Glamisfan

Reaction score
Honestly, shackles and adding some weight to the bed should get you that 1/2”. They used to sell a bladder for the bed that you can fill with water to make it ride better.