Lift for 37s good fit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve always put lifts on my trucks, well on two trucks I should say. I don’t know a lot about suspension either guys I’m goin to say this to start out with. Eventually I will want to get 37s under my truck. Is it a bad idea to put a 4 in lift on the raptor? The 4 in lift I seen online says it keeps everything at stock angles so I guess it’s not suppose to cause anything to wear out any faster and says that 37s will then fit good. Is this a bad idea or not? I’m in no rush or anything I just know when it’s time for new tires I’m gonna want to go up to 37s and if the lift will work best I will go with it.

lunchboxrts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:smiley-face-popcorn

I don't think your going to get the answer you want. Asking about lifting a Raptor is sacrilege around here.

Big Johnson

Reaction score
There are a few threads about 37s and how to accomodate them without a lift. You should consider the geiser bros front springs. I read a review that says it lifts the truck 3" I think. They were killer on the gen 1s. Those plus some +3 deavers and I think you are there. Lifting Raptors is against the law. Haha

Last edited:

fx4210

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think you'll find any info on 4" lifts on the forum. There are quite a few people running 37s without the need of a lift. Springs up front, deavers in the back should make 37s clear.

Deavers are a great improvement for driving experience in general

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thx for info, so by doing just the springs in front and the deavers in the back it is better for the truck suspension/handling vs doing a lift?

---------- Post added at 04:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 AM ----------

I know some have got 37s to fit without doing anything but cutting and grinding but this tells me that they work good on the street but under compression I betting they don’t work to great. Nothing worst than turning during compression and having rubbing. I’ve had this before on a truck and couldn’t stand it. I just want to do the best thing to get the truck up enough to run 37s just like the stock 35s run. Or close as possible to it

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thx for info, so by doing just the springs in front and the deavers in the back it is better for the truck suspension/handling vs doing a lift?

---------- Post added at 04:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 AM ----------

I know some have got 37s to fit without doing anything but cutting and grinding but this tells me that they work good on the street but under compression I betting they don’t work to great. Nothing worst than turning during compression and having rubbing. I’ve had this before on a truck and couldn’t stand it. I just want to do the best thing to get the truck up enough to run 37s just like the stock 35s run. Or close as possible to it

If you’re going to be cycling the suspension and you want 37s then springs will definitely be better. They will ride a lot better in the rear and the front and you’ll have more droop travel compared to the lift.

Sent from my 2017 Raptor using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, this is why I ask before ever doing something. I will plan on doing the springs to get her up higher. Thanks

---------- Post added at 04:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 AM ----------

I actually like the stock beadlocks, so I plan on just adding 37s to them, this should also help on fitting them in the fenders cause they will not be sticking out any further

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks guys, this is why I ask before ever doing something. I will plan on doing the springs to get her up higher. Thanks

Geiser coil springs and deaver +3 leaf springs would be the ideal setup

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 04:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 AM ----------

I actually like the stock beadlocks, so I plan on just adding 37s to them, this should also help on fitting them in the fenders cause they will not be sticking out any further

The stock offset will definitely help a lot as well

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
i personally think that it is kind of strange how most hardcore shops will wince when you mention geiser springs. ( especially if they rebuild shocks brought in by customers who beat on their trucks.

No one wants to pull the piston out of their shock. (ouch!)

The guidance is generally run collars until you're ready to upgrade the shocks.

I'd honestly just get svc cas or 3" collars and +3 deavers.

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So mine is going under the knife today. SVC CAS, Deaver +3, SDHQ bump stop pads, and 37" Ridge Grapplers. Going to start the CAS around 1.75". I have a ADD Stealth R front bumper. So might have to go up just a tad more but hope to get her pretty level. Will update if this combo works for the 37s