Leveling Seriously

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dinoone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have part numbers for Fox or King shocks that are direct bolt-ons?

I know the factory shocks can be adjusted and I know 35s aren't going to fit like it is and I damn sure 37s wont even fit in the fender wells.....Anyone can help please let me know. I've contacted both makers and no one has responded to my inquires!!!

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone have part numbers for Fox or King shocks that are direct bolt-ons?

I know the factory shocks can be adjusted and I know 35s aren't going to fit like it is and I damn sure 37s wont even fit in the fender wells.....Anyone can help please let me know. I've contacted both makers and no one has responded to my inquires!!!

The factory shocks are not adjustable. 35s do fit and come equipped as such from the factory. I'm not sure if 37s will fit even with a leveled front without fender mods (ie Boatecs). There are several threads already going about leveling options.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f262/perch-mod-still-possible-2017-a-41774/index8.html

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f262/definitely-needs-leveled-51347/index4.html

OP
OP
dinoone

dinoone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry typing on iphone I met can't and nothing in those threads says here are the part numbers for bolt in coils........

The factory shocks are not adjustable. 35s do fit and come equipped as such from the factory. I'm not sure if 37s will fit even with a leveled front without fender mods (ie Boatecs). There are several threads already going about leveling options.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f262/perch-mod-still-possible-2017-a-41774/index8.html

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f262/definitely-needs-leveled-51347/index4.html

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

Yeah I actually run my rig not just a mall crawler so that won't work for me......:mwah1:

I think all of the levelers should just chop their trucks and make low riders. This looks pretty level to me.

m%2Falbums%2Fn612%2FBrianKatz01%2FFordRaptorDUMPED.jpg

beadblaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone checked with geiser. I thought they were working on a longer spring for the new raptors.

---------- Post added at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

I was just on the FR2 forum and it seems both geiser and eibach will be coming out with front springs for the new raptor.

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So what would the major differences end up being between the RPG collar and longer springs? Would the suspension act differently?

beadblaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the RPGs collar is going to stiffen the ride while a longer coil spring should allow the ride to remain close to stock and I would think it would also be a progressive spring which would become stiffer as you use up the travel in the shock.

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I think the RPGs collar is going to stiffen the ride while a longer coil spring should allow the ride to remain close to stock and I would think it would also be a progressive spring which would become stiffer as you use up the travel in the shock.

The only way to soften the ride would be to soften the spring rate. When more spring preload is added, the ride stiffens linearly.

We thought about going to a different set of springs but have currently found that the return on investment just isn't there. Maybe as customers needs change with the truck, we will address that again in the future.

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

So what would the major differences end up being between the RPG collar and longer springs? Would the suspension act differently?

The change in ride will be very similar to the change on Gen 1 going from Bottom Perch to Mid Perch.

Please remember that Fox is limited by DOT on height restrictions.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's BETTER tightening the spring rate up a little on the front. With the Gen1, it would nose dive pretty badly when braking hard. Mid-perch fixed that and made the front of the truck much more capable to handle things better. Anyone that wants to off road with these things will appreciate it being a little tighter up there. Street queens won't appreciate it as much, but everyone I've ever talked to after they did mid-perch said it was one of the best things they ever did to the Raptor. I wouldn't hesitate to add these to my Gen2 if I was gonna get one. Great alternative until real, adjustable bypasses are purchased.......