Leveling?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OK, so most folks use collars in front to raise the front a bit to level the truck, I get it but I really don't want to make the truck any higher. I have no plans to run 37" tires and also plan to stay with 17" wheels. Is there a way to lower the rear by 3/4"? TIA!

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stupid question, but is the factory stance off that much? My truck comes in this week so I have not seen it in person to know.

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stupid question, but is the factory stance off that much? My truck comes in this week so I have not seen it in person to know.

Every truck is a little different but they all seem to range from 1.5-2" higher in the rear.

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every truck is a little different but they all seem to range from 1.5-2" higher in the rear.

Ok so the solution if you are not using bigger tires is shackles in the rear? Thanks for the help.

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok so the solution if you are not using bigger tires is shackles in the rear? Thanks for the help.

The best solution would really be a set of Deaver +1 leaf springs. Should lower the rear 0.5-1" and improve the ride and help control wheel hop. Of course if you don't want to spend $1300-1500, then shackles would be the next best choice.

bailer

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I always feel like my truck is sitting real close to level (screw, no mods), so I went out to the garage and measured.

With 1/2 tank of fuel, 40psi in all 4 tires:
Front- 40" @top of wheel well (bottom of flare)
Rear- 41".
Tire squat is identical as close as I can measure.
I really like the level low slung look, which is why I think this truck looks great as is!

1" higher in the rear is about right. If I try to get it closer I know I would mess up and end up high in the front which is unacceptable. This way I can haul whatever in the box without it looking silly.

Last edited: