King 3.0's or Fox 3.0's for a more compliant ride?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Forgiven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone can have my Kings for $2,750.00... 1000 miles of pavement princess driving.

Forgiven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are you not happy with them for some reason? or just going in a different direction?

Yeah just going a different direction. Put a 1000 miles of nothing but pavement on them taking the kids back and forth to school. Never even really got to see what they could do. But they are off the truck now.

Clockton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Gen 2 3.0s and the ride isn’t that far off from stock. With +3s it is a bit stiffer for sure on pavement, but not bad. Through the desert its a very noticeable improvement

Attachments

• B6B041B8-8FEB-4BD1-B867-8E5616FD05B5.jpg
    B6B041B8-8FEB-4BD1-B867-8E5616FD05B5.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 99

Forgiven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Price change $2,500 shipped for the front pair of KInGS. Just not for me.

Jae

Reaction score
I have the Gen 2 3.0s and the ride isn’t that far off from stock. With +3s it is a bit stiffer for sure on pavement, but not bad. Through the desert its a very noticeable improvement

how much stiffer ? is it just over the small stuff or is it coz you went with the +3s ?? I'm thinking of going the fox 3.0 with +3 but I want it ton ride better then stock in ever aspect

Clockton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how much stiffer ? is it just over the small stuff or is it coz you went with the +3s ?? I'm thinking of going the fox 3.0 with +3 but I want it ton ride better then stock in ever aspect

Have Kings so cant tell you about the Fox setup

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score

are you asking for the front? rear? both?

Adding Deaver +3s in the back wont make the truck "stiffer" unless you go with the HD variant of the deavers and run an empty bed.

standard +3 deavers will not stiffen the ride. They are a progressive spring who's rate changes depending on where the wheel is in the range of travel.

the 3.0 remote reservoir shocks will give you more damping ( and thus control). perceived stiffness can be tuned out by adjusting the bypass settings.

The guidance that I've been given by a few of the well-respected suspension parts makers has been: If you daily the truck and occasionally beat on it, go with the FOX kit. If you want to prioritize off-road performance over street manners, and you want more of a race-ready setup, go with King.

I am choosing to go Fox ( already have their bumps in the back.).

Future plans for my truck include adding front bypasses, so I feel like I'll have plenty of control and performance with my plan. ( For reference, RPG seems to be one of the few companies that don't require re-valving the front 3.0s when bypasses are added to their bolt kit or to their forthcoming mid-travel gen 2 kit.)

I've also seen more than a few people posting up issues about the spring contacting the shock body on the kings ( and making the truck sounds broken or cheap). I haven't seen anything to that note posted about fox.

OP
OP
tightt

tightt

Reaction score
In an unfortunate overloading incident, I have severely damaged my spine. Starbucks has agreed to a generous settlement and now I am left with the task of finding a vehicle with enough ride quality to keep me comfortable. My doctor suggested a new Fusion with active suspension or maybe even a Mercedes with magic body control (no way they will work for me). After riding in a couple 1450 trucks, I'm not sure even they would cut it. With that, here is what I have in mind...
Tube chassis luxury prerunner (Geiser, Stewart's Raceworks, Raceco, Jimco, what brand do most doctors recommend?)
How much travel bumped and strapped will I need?
What kind of shocks?
24x16" HRE wheels to maximize suspension performance
Will a custom carbon fiber body to reduce weight help? We have some killer speed bumps at the local shopping center.
Anything I'm missing?

The fact that you took the time to write this speaks volumes.

:flipthebird: