GEN 2 Installed SVC's Coil Adjuster System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Raptizzle

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The nitrogen discharge and recharge is an extra step but you gain the adjustability factor that similar products don't have.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did this install in my garage with hand tools.
Discharging is easy and refill is easy with a nitrogen tank.
It took me maybe 3 hours total.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vitaminR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool. I don't have any familiarity with these shocks so I'll learn eventually

This product certainly looks to be the best option, I just wasn't sure about the installation.

Pankster

Reaction score
I did this install in my garage with hand tools.
Discharging is easy and refill is easy with a nitrogen tank.
It took me maybe 3 hours total.

Can you help out with where I would find a nitrogen tank and a regulator for 200 psi? I could get the install done but none of the shops have have access to nitrogen.

Sano Dano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you help out with where I would find a nitrogen tank and a regulator for 200 psi? I could get the install done but none of the shops have have access to nitrogen.

You might try your local welding supplier......for under $200 you can get a tank, regulator and a hose.
I have the tank mounted in the bed on Baja trips to use as an air supply in emergencies.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I went to praxair.

Cost me $30 for the bottle to buy it, and another $30 for the regulator. Unfortunately I had to go to a hydraulic hose maker (pirtek) it was recommended by the praxair store for the hose and connector. I had them give me 4' of hose just to make it easy.
I think total less than $100.

And I can use it to adjust the nitrogen level in my svc bumpstops when they arrive in a couple weeks.

I rented 2 sets of spring compressors from the local auto store. Free. And used them to compress the spring to get the hats off. 3 is needed safely, but the 4th made it super easy to keep the spring balanced

Pankster

Reaction score
You might try your local welding supplier......for under $200 you can get a tank, regulator and a hose.
I have the tank mounted in the bed on Baja trips to use as an air supply in emergencies.

I went to praxair.

Cost me $30 for the bottle to buy it, and another $30 for the regulator. Unfortunately I had to go to a hydraulic hose maker (pirtek) it was recommended by the praxair store for the hose and connector. I had them give me 4' of hose just to make it easy.
I think total less than $100.

And I can use it to adjust the nitrogen level in my svc bumpstops when they arrive in a couple weeks.

I rented 2 sets of spring compressors from the local auto store. Free. And used them to compress the spring to get the hats off. 3 is needed safely, but the 4th made it super easy to keep the spring balanced

Thanks guys! I have hope that I can make this happen !

Pankster

Reaction score
Got it done guys, I love the stance now! Depending on where it's parked sometimes it looks a little high. I'm not going to mess with it because I'll be adding a bumper and getting 37s this week. Thanks for all the info!

Attachments

• IMG_5770.jpg
    IMG_5770.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 105

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was lucky enough to get in early on the list with the crew at @svc for their new C.A.S. system. Having had two gen 1's previously, the luxury and ease of the perch mod with those trucks is no more. However, it's possibly a blessing in disguise because I had always found myself wanting a ride height somewhere between mid and top perch.

That's pretty much where we ended up at on the install today. Having no reference point, we initially set the adjuster on the conservative side and that put the truck at around mid perch. I also installed 37" K02's with Methods today and there was some minor rubbing but nothing some trimming couldn't fix. So we ramped up the perch on the coilover approximately .5" and that put the front of the truck exactly where I wanted it.

I'm pretty discriminating when it comes to the stance on my trucks so right now my plan is to drop the rear a bit with some Deaver springs and possibly a longer shackle. I'll dial the front down maybe .25" at that time to keep a pretty similar stance to what I have now but just overall lower. Pretty sweet having the ability to make minor adjustments.

Regarding the ride, the truck drives and rides really well with the preload on the spring. The spring rate seems a lot softer on these new trucks so adding preload is way less noticeable compared to middle or top perch on gen 1's. I'm heading to the desert this weekend to devirginize this truck in the dirt so will be reporting back with offroad ride characteristics.

Overall, I'm really happy with how it turned out.

4ec48b6dd263ad26c4292d7f28c0c6d6.jpg

62bf33e89788a2bfb55e2a1049476693.jpg
b6b42dda719c960c97366d17c03b01f9.jpg
766dfca1dfe1d91af5e78d2af900c1c0.jpg

So no desire to go with Fox 3.0's? Do ya think the cost vs the return on the fox shocks is not worth it?