GEN 2 Installed SVC's Coil Adjuster System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FullSend

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Offroad Update:

Spent some time out in Barstow CA putting the truck through its paces yesterday. The added preload is a must if you're going to push your truck through moderate to rough terrain. Even with all the preload we have on my CAS, I still found myself stuffing the skid resulting in dents and gouges. Oops guess it's time to ditch the stock bumper which was planned all along. A better approach angle should help considerably. Even with that, I'll probably dial up the preload a bit more before desert trips in terrain like that again.

Running these sections at a factory ride height would've been ugly. You'd be shoveling the truck out of the dirt hours later in comparable terrain. The added preload didn't pogo like we experienced in the Gen1 when going up perches so overall the shocks are a really nice upgrade.

37's cleared with the exception of a few harsh impacts. It only resulted in rubbing against the front fender liners on a couple occasions. I did however push the truck harder than any reasonable person would so a more conservative approach would clear just fine. Now if you're running a big Toyo 37" and beating the shit out of your truck, you may have problems regardless how much preload you have.

Overall, the system worked great and provided ample ground clearance for race course sections out in one of the harshest deserts we have out west. We got tons of footage from a drone, go pro in the wheel and various video angles through the whoop sections. @svc should be releasing that soon so stay tuned.

Just curious what bumper(s) are you considering to improve your approach angle?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Raptizzle

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Offroad Update:

Spent some time out in Barstow CA putting the truck through its paces yesterday. The added preload is a must if you're going to push your truck through moderate to rough terrain. Even with all the preload we have on my CAS, I still found myself stuffing the skid resulting in dents and gouges. Oops guess it's time to ditch the stock bumper which was planned all along. A better approach angle should help considerably. Even with that, I'll probably dial up the preload a bit more before desert trips in terrain like that again.

Running these sections at a factory ride height would've been ugly. You'd be shoveling the truck out of the dirt hours later in comparable terrain. The added preload didn't pogo like we experienced in the Gen1 when going up perches so overall the shocks are a really nice upgrade.

37's cleared with the exception of a few harsh impacts. It only resulted in rubbing against the front fender liners on a couple occasions. I did however push the truck harder than any reasonable person would so a more conservative approach would clear just fine. Now if you're running a big Toyo 37" and beating the shit out of your truck, you may have problems regardless how much preload you have.

Overall, the system worked great and provided ample ground clearance for race course sections out in one of the harshest deserts we have out west. We got tons of footage from a drone, go pro in the wheel and various video angles through the whoop sections. @svc should be releasing that soon so stay tuned.

Just curious what bumper(s) are you considering to improve your approach angle?

SVC frame cut. Should be released next week.

---------- Post added at 10:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

What style and color methods are those? They look to match the fender

Grid titanium

Pankster

Reaction score
I was excited to get the new CAS system and have it installed but can't find anyone in my area that is comfortable refilling the shock with nitrogen so now I'm screwed.....lol. I guess I will have to sell this and grab an RPG, what a bummer!

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I was excited to get the new CAS system and have it installed but can't find anyone in my area that is comfortable refilling the shock with nitrogen so now I'm screwed.....lol. I guess I will have to sell this and grab an RPG, what a bummer!

Where are you located?

-Jeff

xBryanHoodsx

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Why would you need to refill the shock? You don't need take nitrogen out of the shocks to install this ? Or do your shocks already need a refill

Pankster

Reaction score
Why would you need to refill the shock? You don't need take nitrogen out of the shocks to install this ? Or do your shocks already need a refill

You have to discharge the shock to remove the stock collar if I'm reading the instructions correctly.

vitaminR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is disappointing, I was leaning towards this method to level but on a brand new truck I'm gun shy about discharging shocks and whatnot... Can we get more details on the installation instructions? Maybe this is too hardcore for my needs, I don't know. I have a good installer that can assist me as I know he just recently put on some RPG collars on a 17 Raptor and I know he has the tools to at least do that. Refilling Nitrogen in the shock is another level at least from my experience.

I looked on SVC website and couldn't find any down in the weeds install details.

xBryanHoodsx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is disappointing, I was leaning towards this method to level but on a brand new truck I'm gun shy about discharging shocks and whatnot... Can we get more details on the installation instructions? Maybe this is too hardcore for my needs, I don't know. I have a good installer that can assist me as I know he just recently put on some RPG collars on a 17 Raptor and I know he has the tools to at least do that. Refilling Nitrogen in the shock is another level at least from my experience.

I looked on SVC website and couldn't find any down in the weeds install details.

Yeah it's ridiculous if need to discharge I would just go with rpg or icon over svc if that's required or even the eibach springs since I'm getting a secondary main leaf installed on the rear to prevent axle wrap and minimize wheel hop