Installed RPG Offroad Collar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Soon tempted to do this....but WOW is it a lot of work to get the shocks out. Shame they don't just come with a threaded body from the factory where you could run the nut up or down to adjust the height. I had that on a jeep a few years ago and it made this job so much simpler....
Or wish I lived closer to your shop, cause $150 is a GREAT price to have them installed...
You're in NJ? I'm sure @khcdave can do it for you. They are a reputable shop and an FRF supporting vendor.

@Yukon Joe :baby: :baby: :baby:
Drive your raptor here!!!!
www.runraptorrun.com
( * Y * )

MajorAR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
RPG Collar

FRF'ers,

Just to keep everyone updated on our RPG Fox Shock Collar list, we shipped another 20 shock collar kits out the door today, so those on the list that have not been contacted or spoken to me on the phone as of today....we wil get to you next week.

Thank you for your buisness,

-Dale

Attachments

• IMG_0332 4.jpg
    IMG_0332 4.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:

Tonecapone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I may be an idiot but ir seems to me that if we use a floor jack under the front arm, we can compress the spring quite a bit before using the spring compressors. Then we can lower the jack aftee the compressors are in place and it should give us plenty of room to add the RPG collars.
Just my two cents,
Tone

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I may be an idiot but ir seems to me that if we use a floor jack under the front arm, we can compress the spring quite a bit before using the spring compressors. Then we can lower the jack aftee the compressors are in place and it should give us plenty of room to add the RPG collars.
Just my two cents,
Tone

Sooner or later we will see a few how-to posts with pics....

MajorAR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did you guys check our website...tech help install instructions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tonecapone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you guys check our website...tech help install instructions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did not before, however I just gave it a look. I see I was correct about using the lower a arm and the weight of the truck to help with the compression. I have posted a link to the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqJXF0KYp0I

Tone

OP
OP
dinoone

dinoone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried it all different kinda of ways I couldn't get the spring to compress enough to install the collar. I had to end up removing the shock but if anyone else does please post a video I have a few friends that want to do it but don't want to pull shock out!