Installed my Baja Designs 30" S8 Grille Light Bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

byz250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the pictures....From what I see stock lights provide much more flood, and the baja light provides distance. Am I seeing this correctly?

OP
OP
F

faceoff4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the pictures....From what I see stock lights provide much more flood, and the baja light provides distance. Am I seeing this correctly?

Yes that is the same conclusion I would make. Granted I have only a few days experience with the light bar, but that seems to be accurate. Together they are a great combo!

gneissday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This looks great and I think it will provide plenty of light for some fun night time off road excursions. I also like that it's behind the grill which should help as a theft deterrent (to some extent, at least). Anyway, I followed your lead Faceoff4 and ordered my kit from Nick at Apollo Optics on Monday!

So just a couple questions for you or Bailey: Do the lights sit flush against the grill? I'm wondering how hard it would be to change to the amber covers. Also, does BD have a black cover like on the old Stealth model if we wanted to black out the lights so they wouldn't be visible behind the grill (another theft deterrent)?

rock342

Reaction score
I finally got around to installing the light bar and I love it. Its a nice plus to have the amber backlighting and the main lights are very bright. The wire harness gives you to option to hook them up to separate switches, which I did so I can have the backlighting on by itself when I want it. I had an awesome experience working with Nick from Apollo Optics, so if you get a chance to buy from him I would recommend it as he is a great guy and very honest. The instructions from Baja Design were borderline awful. Not only were they done in black and white but the example pics were of horrible quality. I am not the handiest, but I was able to do the install myself and worked without their instructions since they were so bad. Sorry my pics were not better, but the bar and lights look awesome. Thanks!

With those lens flares are you going after JJ Abrams job?

Looks great!