GEN 2 Installed KING 3.0's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Johnson

Reaction score
I guess my main concern is that i have heard from someone else that installed the KINGS coil overs that the ride is much more stiff up front compared to stock. Do you notice that? Im pulling the trigger today and still don’t know which way to go. I drive exclusively on unmaintained country roads going 65mph with potholes and the whole 9 yards. I don’t want the KINGS if every bump is going to be translated into shaking in their cab because of the increased “stiffness” hope this makes sense? Any insight into this?

I have the king 3.0s on my gen 1 and thats where my truck lives. ****** roads, broken pavement, gravel, you name it. The gen 2 ride would be greatly improved by these. My fronts have the quick adjust and 20 some settings. These will be very similar. The rears are amazing as well and the best part is being able to adjust to what you prefer. I have never noticed any noise from them in regards to clicking. Buy the kings and dont look back.

OP
OP
Raptizzle

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess my main concern is that i have heard from someone else that installed the KINGS coil overs that the ride is much more stiff up front compared to stock. Do you notice that? Im pulling the trigger today and still don’t know which way to go. I drive exclusively on unmaintained country roads going 65mph with potholes and the whole 9 yards. I don’t want the KINGS if every bump is going to be translated into shaking in their cab because of the increased “stiffness” hope this makes sense? Any insight into this?

The ride is definitely not what was described to you. I've found the kings ride as smooth as stock on pavement and the few bumps I've hit... speed bumps and dips so far, it's apparent how much better the Kings do soaking up the hit. It's night and day in regard to that so I can speculate they'd be a nice improvement for the type of terrain you described.

Like Big said, they are fully adjustable and the fronts actually have 30 clicks of compression now.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think the concern was that on gen 1, king ran a heavier Spring rate then stock and heavier then fox.

I don’t have any Info on gen2 coil-rates

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

azmcs

Reaction score
Nice! Mine are currently on the floor in my garage waiting for me to find the time to mount them up...Did you do the install yourself? Planning on doing them when I do the Deaver's in the back and the UCAs up front.

Did you have to adjust the coils at all to level the ride? What Deaver's did you end up using in the back the +2 or the +3?

Sorry, just figure I'd use you as the guinea pig for all my questions!

OP
OP
Raptizzle

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice! Mine are currently on the floor in my garage waiting for me to find the time to mount them up...Did you do the install yourself? Planning on doing them when I do the Deaver's in the back and the UCAs up front.

Did you have to adjust the coils at all to level the ride? What Deaver's did you end up using in the back the +2 or the +3?

Sorry, just figure I'd use you as the guinea pig for all my questions!

Sweet, you're gonna love them!

I had SVC do the install while the truck was there for some other items. I went with +2 deavers and the shocks come set for a fairly level ride height. I will be cranking the preload up a bit to clear the 37's a bit better but they are certainly drivable as is for 37's.

Shocks will go in pretty quick so I say slap em' in before the uppers and deavers arrive.

Forgiven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just bought a set of fronts that will be here Friday. Im trusting you! Lol, do you still like them>

OP
OP
Raptizzle

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just bought a set of fronts that will be here Friday. Im trusting you! Lol, do you still like them>

Nice! Yes, they're awesome. Definitely a huge improvement soaking up hits with holes, bumps and dips over stock so i know they're going to be a huge upgrade in the dirt. Sadly, I haven't made it out to the desert yet but when I do, I'll be posting a bunch of media showcasing what they're capable of. I have plenty of offroad seat time with the stockers so I'll have a good reference point to start with.

Nice, bout to pull the trigger myself...
where you order yours from? mine will have a dec 8 eta.

Hit up @svc.