GEN 2 Installed CJ Pony 1.5” Coil Spring Collars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was pretty straight forward and they have a great video on how to, the Quality is good and over all a nice product.

The ride is a tad stiffer but much less nose dive under braking and better cornering, I did manange to hit my favorite dips on the way home and the truck seem to take them a lot better. I plan on getting it aligned next week to double check everything.

Attachments

• 42D0025B-FEAD-44CD-89BA-E8622576DEA2.jpg
    42D0025B-FEAD-44CD-89BA-E8622576DEA2.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 110
  • 7D1E826B-E448-4538-A9BF-438A7CC3E386.jpg
    7D1E826B-E448-4538-A9BF-438A7CC3E386.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 122

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great, nice job!

I spoke to RPG engineers about this in detail, and they explained that any perceived ride quality difference after a 1.5" collar is entirely in your own head. The spring rate does not change by adjusting preload (which is what you are doing by installing a collar) and 1.5" is not enough to change LCA angle either. So... your truck still rides the same as stock, but is a tad taller in front.

OP
OP
10SpdsOfFury

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is a interesting point. Maybe by raising the front up and changing the pivot angle front to back is what I am feeling when braking and acceleration because it’s a lot less noise dive and lift. Also when turning with or left really quick it doesn’t lean like when stock, it feels more like my Paltinum.

I could just be crazy and we can’t rule that out all together. Lol

RWE

Reaction score
That is a interesting point. Maybe by raising the front up and changing the pivot angle front to back is what I am feeling when braking and acceleration because it’s a lot less noise dive and lift. Also when turning with or left really quick it doesn’t lean like when stock, it feels more like my Paltinum.

I could just be crazy and we can’t rule that out all together. Lol

Shouldn't change at all if the springs are linear which I thought they were. the same amount of force (Braking or bump) would cause the same amount of dive regardless off spring compression until it bottomed out. If they are in fact progressive, then all of this goes out the window.

Mink

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was pretty straight forward and they have a great video on how to, the Quality is good and over all a nice product.

The ride is a tad stiffer but much less nose dive under braking and better cornering, I did manange to hit my favorite dips on the way home and the truck seem to take them a lot better. I plan on getting it aligned next week to double check everything.

Looks great, mine are suppose to be here tomorrow.

RWE

Reaction score
Has anyone jumped their truck with these on? I got a set and haven't put them on yet but they felt kinda cheap. Blows my mind that they can support all the forces of this truck landing from 4 feet in the air.

OP
OP
10SpdsOfFury

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone jumped their truck with these on? I got a set and haven't put them on yet but they felt kinda cheap. Blows my mind that they can support all the forces of this truck landing from 4 feet in the air.

I just looked it up and the CJ Pony parts are made of 6061T6 Aluminum and RPG just says made from same material as fox shocks. Fox says they are made from 6061T6 Aluminum so I think we are ok. Plus they are made in America so we should be good. #Murica

RWE

Reaction score
I just looked it up and the CJ Pony parts are made of 6061T6 Aluminum and RPG just says made from same material as fox shocks. Fox says they are made from 6061T6 Aluminum so I think we are ok. Plus they are made in America so we should be good. #Murica

6061 isn't nearly even the strongest aluminum. and it seems pretty thin in some places. Guess I'll play test dummy soon.

OP
OP
10SpdsOfFury

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just meant Fox Shocks and RPG Collars are all 6061, I hit the two big dips that I always hit at 60 and it was solid as a rock.