Icon Upper Arms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mkarban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Contemplating the Icon upper arms with Delta joint. Does anyone have experience with these? Will The change in caster give me a tad more room for my 37’s?
Pricey, but if it gives me a bit more room it’s worth it.
Thanks

Jesse@MBRP

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have them, they're an awesome upgrade over the factory setup and the additional caster is exactly what the truck needed.

While I can't speak to your 37's...the minimal liner rub I had with my setup is now completely gone in the places it always rubbed before. My front track width increased 37.4mm per the alignment rack with the same wheels/tires.

Pics:
VL5HezS.jpg

o4wXoUs.jpg

OqR7TE5.jpg

rZJAzl4.jpg

VmXpvpk.jpg

K228JzJ.jpg

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Could of questions - You can't use the OEM wheels with these? Also, the install instructions say you need to remove the shocks to install these, seems not necessary?

Jesse@MBRP

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Could of questions - You can't use the OEM wheels with these? Also, the install instructions say you need to remove the shocks to install these, seems not necessary?

I haven't tried to bolt a stock wheel back on (mine are long gone) but I don't see why you couldn't.

I didn't pull the shock. Just undid the axle nut, tie rod ends and bottom shock bolt and slid the knuckle out of the way. Hour install with a lift and air tools.

BigCSS78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Icon’s website lists that a 5” backspacing is required. If that’s the case I couldn’t run these since my wheels are 5.75” backspacing.

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rpg makes a nice pair also. You can use theirs with stock. Love the icon's look also.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
@Jesse@MBRP really summed up the Icon UCAs nicely. Another great option is the Camburg UCAs with the Kinetic joint.

We offer both and would be happy to get you setup with either option! Please let me know if we can help!

Jesse@MBRP

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Icon’s website lists that a 5” backspacing is required. If that’s the case I couldn’t run these since my wheels are 5.75” backspacing.

My wheels are 17x9 with +1mm offset. You'll notice how much clearance I have in a couple of the photos up top. That's with a much larger than factory width tire too.

No idea what that Backspace claim is about.

---------- Post added at 10:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 AM ----------

What's the width of your wheels? The backspace figure doesn't mean anything without it.

BigCSS78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve got the 18x9 Method con 6 and website says 18/5.75. I put 35/12.50r18 km3’s on them. What size tires are you running?

Jesse@MBRP

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I’ve got the 18x9 Method con 6 and website says 18/5.75. I put 35/12.50r18 km3’s on them. What size tires are you running?

So a 9" wide wheel with 5.75 looks to be about a +19 Offset (very conservative). The 9" wide wheels I am running stick out 18mm further than yours (away from knuckle).

18mm is .70 inches.

I have 2.12 inches between the upper arm/knuckle and tire so by my math you'd be clear by a bunch. The tire to A-Arm distance will never change during the suspension cycle.

Conversion table - http://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/server3...backspacing-conversion-chart.gif?t=1402064814

Disclaimer: I am not Icon and therefore I don't know why they state the backspace requirement they do.