Icon AAC leveling kit installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ChevyChad

ChevyChad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I chose the icon kit for its adjustability. And it has the potential to go higher than the 1.5" RPG. Knowing what I know now though, i would probably have gone with the 3" RPG since Im running 37's along with an aftermarket bumper..

If anyone out there has a set of 3" RPG collars and would trade for the icon kit, let me know.

Megabass

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the ICON the best for a simple leveling kit for these trucks?

The easiest to Install would be the rpg 1.5 2.25 or 3.0" collars. This kit is adjustable and just as easy to install at 1.0" and 1.75" but requires the addition of a spacer on the top of the shock to achieve an extra .5" ie: 1.5" or 2.25"
Still a fairly easy install, but I think rpg is the is the best adjustable option too

wreedsvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious, why is it easier to install at 1.0" and 1.75"

---------- Post added at 12:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 AM ----------

I see the RPG has set heights and an adjustable collar, which one should I get?

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just curious, why is it easier to install at 1.0" and 1.75"

---------- Post added at 12:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 AM ----------

I see the RPG has set heights and an adjustable collar, which one should I get?

Take a quick look at the ICON adjustable collar online and you will see it has an upper and lower component. The upper component is not used for the 1.0 and 1.75, so those two settings are "easier" to install.

While the RPG adjustable collar can be removed and adjusted, it will become more difficult to adjust with time due to dirt and corrosion in the threads. Most people choose the RPG static models because they know how high they want to go. If you are unsure, you will pay more for the adjustable version, and you will have to go through the whole installation process again to adjust them. (ie. Compress the springs, etc.)

If you are planning to go with 37s, I recommend the Geiser progressive springs over any of the perch collar options. Since you live in the Houston area, give Shaun Miller a call at Miller Off Road Design or message him on Facebook for installation services. He can discuss the various options and give you his recommendation based on what you want to achieve.