Icon AAC leveling kit installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChevyChad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed the Icon AAC kit this weekend. I went the full 2.25" in order to clear the 37's. Still have a bit of rubbing, so there will need to be some trimming and perhaps some massaging with a BFH, but very happy with how it turned out.

The install itself was not bad at all. For anyone doing it themselves, be aware that the springs are freakin stout! My spring compressor sacrificed itself for this install. Also, getting the shock back on after the collar and spacer are in place is a bit trying as well...

Anywayz, enough talk, heres a pic:

Attachments

• IMG_3620.jpg
    IMG_3620.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 468

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I installed the Icon AAC kit this weekend. I went the full 2.25" in order to clear the 37's. Still have a bit of rubbing, so there will need to be some trimming and perhaps some massaging with a BFH, but very happy with how it turned out.

The install itself was not bad at all. For anyone doing it themselves, be aware that the springs are freakin stout! My spring compressor sacrificed itself for this install. Also, getting the shock back on after the collar and spacer are in place is a bit trying as well...

Anywayz, enough talk, heres a pic:

Is yours higher in the front? I put mine at 2.25" first and it was way to high in the front. I pulled out the top spacer and went down to 1.75". It's still about 1/4" higher in front.

OP
OP
ChevyChad

ChevyChad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not measured post installation yet, I wanted to give it a couple days to settle. Pre install measurements showed the front right at 2" lower than the rear. Ill take the new measurements tonight and report back. I think my fab fours bumper is a bit heaver than stock, so i suspect my results will probably be different than yours.

CFIT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but how are you guys measuring how "level" the truck is? Are you just stringing a tape measure from the ground to the fender flare while the truck is on flat ground?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ChevyChad

ChevyChad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some do that. I like to measure from the center of the wheel to the top of the arch of the fender on level ground.

I was unable to get a measurement yesterday. Its been raining like crazy here and didnt feel like getting soaked to see how level my truck is.

OP
OP
ChevyChad

ChevyChad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, finally got measurements, so reporting back here with my results. I still have a tad bit of rake. The front is 1/4" lower than the rear with the full 2-1/4" lift from the icons. Im pretty sure thats gotta be because of the fab fours bumper being a bit heavier than stock. It is advertised as being only 75 lbs, but not sure how much the stock one weighs. Guess i could weigh it, but the final result is what it is..

CFIT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What made you choose the Icon kit over RPG or other options? I'm contemplating doing this too, so I'm curious what made you choose Icon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk