GEN 2 ICON .5-2.25" Attitude Adjustment Collar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SOAKINRED

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone seen this or installed it?

ICON .5-2.25" Attitude Adjustment Collar

OVERVIEW:
The ICON Attitude Adjustment Collar (AAC) is an industry first, patent pending multi-height coil spring collar that works in conjunction with a top load shim that can be configured in five unique ways to yield .5” to 2.25” of front lift height over stock. Taking the front end dimensions of the "Gen 2" Raptor into account, the collar and shim design of this leveling system achieves this range of lift height while keeping the OE shock in the ride zone, maintaining factory ride quality. Other options on the market achieve lift height solely through coil preload, which places the shock in the rebound zone at ride height and drastically impacts ride quality and performance. Installation of this leveling system requires no disassembly of the shock, making it a simple and straightforward process as opposed to other options currently available. CNC machined 6061 billet aluminum construction and a black anodized finish mean this product can stand up to the test of time in the harshest on and off-road conditions. Made in the USA and backed by ICON’s limited lifetime warranty, the ICON Vehicle Dynamics Attitude Adjustment Collar is the best leveling solution on the market for the 2017-UP Ford Raptor.

KEY FEATURES:
Industry first, patent pending dual height preload collar
Multi-height design can yield 0.5” to 2.25” of front lift height
Does not require disassembly of the shock for installation
CNC machined 6061 billet aluminum construction
Black anodized finish for corrosion resistance and great looks
Keeps OE shock in the ride zone, maintaining factory ride quality
Lifetime guarantee against component breakage or manufacturer defect
Made in the USA

Attachments

• 2017-up-ford-raptor-5-225-attitude-adjustment-collar (1).jpg
    2017-up-ford-raptor-5-225-attitude-adjustment-collar (1).jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 544
  • 2017-up-ford-raptor-5-225-attitude-adjustment-collar.jpg
    2017-up-ford-raptor-5-225-attitude-adjustment-collar.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 530
  • 2017-up-ford-raptor-5-225-attitude-adjustment-collar (2).jpg
    2017-up-ford-raptor-5-225-attitude-adjustment-collar (2).jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 447
R

Rick@FreedomMotorsports

We've sold a lot of ICON product. Both myself and Chris have ICON's on our Raptor's. I looked at our suppliers tonight and not finding the SKU to purchase yet. We will find out when they start getting to the distributors. When that happens, I will be doing a group buy on these. Stay tuned.

Mapleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score

How are these any different from rpg or svc? And for more money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How are these any different from rpg or svc? And for more money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Their site says it doesnt lift by adding preload, but I dont see how...

Icon said:
The ICON Attitude Adjustment Collar (AAC) is an industry first, patent pending multi-height coil spring collar that works in conjunction with a top load shim that can be configured in five unique ways to yield .5” to 2.25” of front lift height over stock. Taking the front end dimensions of the "Gen 2" Raptor into account, the collar and shim design of this leveling system achieves this range of lift height while keeping the OE shock in the ride zone, maintaining factory ride quality. Other options on the market achieve lift height solely through coil preload, which places the shock in the rebound zone at ride height and drastically impacts ride quality and performance. Installation of this leveling system requires no disassembly of the shock, making it a simple and straightforward process as opposed to other options currently available. CNC machined 6061 billet aluminum construction and a black anodized finish mean this product can stand up to the test of time in the harshest on and off-road conditions. Made in the USA and backed by ICON’s limited lifetime warranty, the ICON Vehicle Dynamics Attitude Adjustment Collar is the best leveling solution on the market for the 2017-UP Ford Raptor.

R

Rick@FreedomMotorsports

It uses an 1/2" spacer on top and a collar that can be 1.0" or 1.75" depending on which way you flip it giving you 5 different adjustments.

IVD6125B_CONFIGURATION_GRAPHIC.jpg

TheTeej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How would the lift collar not add preload? I can see it maybe adding less than others, but maybe I'm missing something

Edit: nm- just re-read, seems to work by adding less preload thus keeping shock in "oem zone" so to speak. I would assume at anything over the 1.5 option, ride would be affected just like Svc and rpg.

Last edited:

Icon_Fred

Reaction score
These are different for a couple of reasons. This kit will allow you to choose the amount of lift you want from .5” to 2.25” We accomplish this lift with a combination of preload and a spacer on top adding to droop travel. This way the entire lift is not accomplished all through the preload but splits the difference. Another nice feature is you do not have to disassemble the shock in order to install this collar.

---------- Post added at 11:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

@TheTeej - you are correct

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
These are different for a couple of reasons. This kit will allow you to choose the amount of lift you want from .5” to 2.25” We accomplish this lift with a combination of preload and a spacer on top adding to droop travel. This way the entire lift is not accomplished all through the preload but splits the difference. Another nice feature is you do not have to disassemble the shock in order to install this collar.

---------- Post added at 11:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

@TheTeej - you are correct

Thanks for clarifying!!

Mluis11

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I still don't understand how Icon claims to keep the OE shock in the ride zone while achieving that range of lift, but other options place the shock in the rebound zone at ride height. This may be true at their .5" setting with 0 preload, 1" setting with 1" of preload and recommended 1.5" setting with 1" of preload, but anything above that setting is going to place the shock in the same zone or .25" higher than their competitors. The top two settings require 1.75" of preload.

I believe their statement of "achieves this range of lift height while keeping the OE shock in the ride zone" and "Other options on the market....drastically impacts ride quality and performance" is false and misleading to those trying to decide on what option to choose. They should clarify that this statement is only for the bottom 3 settings and the top 2 settings will be fairly comparable to their competitors.