How much to install RPG Collar?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pankster

Reaction score
Hey guys, I live in Maryland and wanted to get RPG collars installed. This is not something that I can take on myself, I'll be honest. What type of cost should I expect.......one place said 2-3 hours per side as a guess. Looking at the install vids on YouTube that just doesn't seem right.

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I live in Maryland and wanted to get RPG collars installed. This is not something that I can take on myself, I'll be honest. What type of cost should I expect.......one place said 2-3 hours per side as a guess. Looking at the install vids on YouTube that just doesn't seem right.

If they take everything apart and do not compress the spring on the truck, that is accurate. Some shops prefer that.

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks, most of the videos I've seen compress the shock.

You can, some shops don't want to compress that much, some are not as experienced and instead do it the "right" way. There is no wrong way IMO. As long as they put it on correctly.

thump4863

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was quoted $498 for the 1.25 collar. Parts/Labor/Alignment in Oklahoma City.

solarwinds

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was quoted $498 for the 1.25 collar. Parts/Labor/Alignment in Oklahoma City.
damn thats a good deal with parts
ya alignment is another $100. so 400ish total labor. just depends if u taking to a shop that does this stuff all day every day.
mechanic hourly rates here are like $90 per hr

OP
OP
P

Pankster

Reaction score
Sheesh.....so I'm looking at 600-800 including alignment, I've got to get it done so it is what it is!

thump4863

Full Access Member
Reaction score
damn thats a good deal with parts
ya alignment is another $100. so 400ish total labor. just depends if u taking to a shop that does this stuff all day every day.
mechanic hourly rates here are like $90 per hr

Yeah this is a shop that does lifts constantly. I was actually surprised the rate they quoted me. I expected it to be higher to be honest.