GEN2 UCA's - RPG VS ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rdsc

Reaction score
Is anyone running the RPG UCA's?

If so, any feedback? If not, what are you running and why?

I have some concerns with the steel bearing carrier design, 4 small fasteners hold this assembly onto the arm. Is this the strongest design? Perhaps I am way off base here, it's just my uninformed observation, lol...

Thoughts?

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
Well I have a Gen1 with RPG Billet UCA's and I've had zero issues with them for almost a year now and over 15k on them. Plenty of off-road abuse including 811 miles on the Pony Express Trail last July.

They have seen it all including 4' jumps. Finish still looks great and nothing to worry about.

IMG_5281-X2.jpg

While RPG claims these will work with stock rims in my case they did not. The tires would rub the UCA so I had to go aftermarket...

galan.kelley

Reaction score

I have some concerns with the steel bearing carrier design, 4 small fasteners hold this assembly onto the arm. Is this the strongest design? Perhaps I am way off base here, it's just my uninformed observation, lol...

Thoughts?

I’ve been running mine for about 3 months now and really like them so far. I took it a step farther though, I also upgraded to the Fox 3.0’s. The combination is next to none, in my opinion. Having the ability to adjust the UCA’s helped get the axles out of a bind. I’ve put over 10k miles so far and haven’t heard any out of the ordinary knocks. I don’t think there is a better design, if you wear one of the bearings out (which should take a while, unless you jump it everyday), this deign will be the simplest to swap out and get you back on the trail. Also, pictures don’t do these bad boys justice, they look small in pictures.

If you decide to go with the shocks too, get them from RPG so Corey can re-valve them before he ships them. He did my rear set and you can tell a difference. The fronts came valved from the factory. I’m still trying to figure out how to park my truck for a few days so I can send my fronts to have them re-valved too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R

Rick@FreedomMotorsports

I would be more worried about the top of your knuckle breaking vs. these UCA's. We haven't heard of anyone having any issues with these. Disclaimer, we are an RPG reseller. If I didn't already have aftermarket UCA's, I would be getting a set of these consider how they protect the uniball vs. the others.

The only other one I would use on my truck is the ICON Delta Joint UCA. Adjusting on the truck is easier but both are great UCA's to get.

If you need a quote on any RPG items (or ICON), we are running the TRR Sale right now.

OP
OP
R

rdsc

Reaction score
I would be more worried about the top of your knuckle breaking vs. these UCA's. We haven't heard of anyone having any issues with these. Disclaimer, we are an RPG reseller. If I didn't already have aftermarket UCA's, I would be getting a set of these consider how they protect the uniball vs. the others.

The only other one I would use on my truck is the ICON Delta Joint UCA. Adjusting on the truck is easier but both are great UCA's to get.

If you need a quote on any RPG items (or ICON), we are running the TRR Sale right now.

PM Sent.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was very content with the camburg setup on my gen1 and will go that route with my gen2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Thoughts?

I am in the process of installing my UCA and tie rods now. Missing a couple of parts from RPG. Will be able to tell you the difference soon.

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Update, have had them on since mid last week. Very nice ride, combined with the RPG tie rods it is a world of difference. Steering is responsive and the ride is very smooth, no binding.

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update, have had them on since mid last week. Very nice ride, combined with the RPG tie rods it is a world of difference. Steering is responsive and the ride is very smooth, no binding.

You can feel a difference with daily driving and the new tie rods?