Gen 2 rear is TOO lightly sprung! needs airbags

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

Renomaan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you bought this to tow your camper?

NOPE! bought it to haul my dirtbikes, mountain bikes, Harley's in the trailer, construction trailer, kayak trailer AND look good while it does Truck duty!

$70+k just to look good would be foolish!

BTW heres my Taco pullin same trailer

I dont do much serious offroading like jumping but I do use them to get into backcountry and climb some hills and trails...EastCoast doesnt have many sand dunes to jump

OP
OP
R

Renomaan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If that kit supports the full 13.9" of travel while maintaining the factory jounce stops it could be very nice. Air bags may get mocked a lot but setup correctly with travel they are very nice to have. King made some really cool coilover/airbag stuff for Funco Buggies and I have seen lots of specialty military vehicles with them. I hated the kit I had on my Taco, great for pulling a trailer but awful offroad because they eliminated the jounce stop and Firestone didn't use one of their bags that has internal jounce stops. Ones for buses and medium duty trucks do. I will be very interested to see if you maintain full wheel travel. Are you running a weight distribution hitch? Hard to tell from the pic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

no dist hitch, never needed it on smaller truck? pulled that trailer over 3000 miles with the Taco...

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
the axles on that trailer are set way back from that pic with your taco. What did you use to measure the tongue weight? I'd bet it's far above the 500 lbs or whatever you're estimating.

Raptors do just fine towing.....when the load is properly leveled, and the hitch and all are setup properly. I pull an 8,000 lb 24' trailer with mine and even without bags my truck doesn't squat that much.....but you can pull 1/2 the weight with a bad trailer balance and incorrect draw bar height and have it dragging the hitch with the front looking into the sky.

Adding bags definitely help for towing, but it's a bandaid if the trailer balance isn't setup properly.

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dude I pull a 2014 Nautique Super Air G21 which ways way more than that camper. Your setup is way off. Please before you wreck your truck. My truck doesn't squat even a little with the boat.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 AM ----------

Ugh *weighs.

OP
OP
R

Renomaan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude I pull a 2014 Nautique Super Air G21 which ways way more than that camper. Your setup is way off. Please before you wreck your truck. My truck doesn't squat even a little with the boat.

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 AM ----------

Ugh *weighs.

I was goin by trailer specs re tongue weight.
The holding tanks are behind axles of trailer and when loaded with the bikes, it really is pretty nuetral, but Ill get a true weight on the front now.
Ive got a 20 ft seedoo/factory trailer and it sags the truck just as much?

I bought this truck cause I like the small footprint and towcapacity shown on specs..AND about same gas milage the Taco was giving 15-18mpg

byz250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NOPE! bought it to haul my dirtbikes, mountain bikes, Harley's in the trailer, construction trailer, kayak trailer AND look good while it does Truck duty!

$70+k just to look good would be foolish!

BTW heres my Taco pullin same trailer

I dont do much serious offroading like jumping but I do use them to get into backcountry and climb some hills and trails...EastCoast doesnt have many sand dunes to jump

Im with you. I would never buy a pickup that isnt capable of doing basic towing. It is rated for 8000lbs, so it will be fine. Should be an easy upgrade to get some 2.5 bump stops or get some basic air bags. I plan to do the same if 300lbs of tongue weight makes this thing sag. I tow a snowmobile trailer in winter and several dirt bikes in summer. You dont need an F250 to do what you want to do.

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 PM ----------

Ugh *weighs.

nice boat, I use to have a G23. Loved it. How well does your raptor tow the G21?