Gen 2 rear is TOO lightly sprung! needs airbags

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Renomaan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Coming from a Tacoma which I put Firestone Air Rides on witha compressor, I thought this new "BEEFY" truck could hold its own when towing a trailer...NOT!!

I have a 3500 lb toyhauler and when hooked up to the GEN2, it squatted like I had a bigblock sitting in the bed? WTF!!???

I would expect this from a Tacoma but not this truck.

Tongue weight no more than 500-600lb and my Taco with Firestone airbags pumped at 50 lb towed it level no problem.

I'll be ordering a set for this bird soon!

BTW, I browsed the topics but didnt see anything pop out at me regarding such a prob?

Attachments

• IMG_2548.JPG
    IMG_2548.JPG
    303.9 KB · Views: 624
  • IMG_2549.JPG
    IMG_2549.JPG
    433.9 KB · Views: 594

Bark beetle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If that kit supports the full 13.9" of travel while maintaining the factory jounce stops it could be very nice. Air bags may get mocked a lot but setup correctly with travel they are very nice to have. King made some really cool coilover/airbag stuff for Funco Buggies and I have seen lots of specialty military vehicles with them. I hated the kit I had on my Taco, great for pulling a trailer but awful offroad because they eliminated the jounce stop and Firestone didn't use one of their bags that has internal jounce stops. Ones for buses and medium duty trucks do. I will be very interested to see if you maintain full wheel travel. Are you running a weight distribution hitch? Hard to tell from the pic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro