Gen 2 Lift Kits?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did a search and I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for. I am interested in lifting my 2017 Raptor 4 to 6 inches for looks and off-road ground clearance, but I want to keep as much of the existing suspension components as possible. I saw something from Stage 3 Motorsports called the "Fabtech 4" Suspension Lift Kit", but it requires cutting the subframe and other components for installation and cannot be used with the factory wheels and tires. Is there something similar that wouldn't require what I consider to be fairly extensive modifications and will keep the existing ride dynamics? I don't believe that I am interested in a body lift kit (off-road failure point), spring collars (stiffen the ride), etc... Is there anything out there that won't break the bank? I essentially do not want to lose the suspension system that I paid for and just want the truck sitting higher off the ground.

Last edited:

Pyro3601

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your going to get a vast majority of people recommending the perch collars. Over a bracket lift. The raptor will not handle the same with a bracket lift requardless of what the manufacturer of the kit states. I'm sure many will chime in in favour of the perch collars. Gen two I sadly cannot. As I have a Gen 1 poverty raptor. But I'm running mid perch. And it's great. You may wanna try a perch kit. Relatively inexpensive and you may just find its all you need after all. You could always for to 37's for more clearance. And you will get a more aggressive stance

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry man but your best bet is to trade in or sell your Raptor and buy an F150 and the lift kit/gears you need/want.

Your stock shocks with that much lift will not work properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BeachTeeth

Reaction score
I'm also very interested in a solution and have read many threads on this forum.

It seems to me that the best solution is to use Geiser 2-3" coil springs in front and Deaver 3" leafs in the rear.

From what I have read, this improves/maintains performance while providing a small lift or levelling.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm also very interested in a solution and have read many threads on this forum.

It seems to me that the best solution is to use Geiser 2-3" coil springs in front and Deaver 3" leafs in the rear.

From what I have read, this improves/maintains performance while providing a small lift or levelling.

A 1” lift is much different than a 4-6” lift the op is after.

+3 deaver leaf springs and front Geiser coil springs are a good option for a 1” lift.

OP
OP
J

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A 1” lift is much different than a 4-6” lift the op is after.

+3 deaver leaf springs and front Geiser coil springs are a good option for a 1” lift.

Exactly. I am looking for 4 to 6", want to use the same shocks, maintain correct suspension angles, etc... I really liked what I was seeing/reading from Stage 3 Motorsports until I read the part about cutting the frame and not being able to use my factory wheels. I 100% do not want to do anything that stiffens the ride!!!

Last edited:

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Exactly. I am looking for 4 to 6", want to use the same shocks, maintain correct suspension angles, etc... I really liked what I was seeing/reading from Stage 3 Motorsports until I read the part about cutting the frame and not being able to use my factory wheels. I 100% do not want to do anything that stiffens the ride!!!

Most 4-6" kits require cutting the sub-frame so you can re-locate the diff for proper CV angles. So while you approach and departure might be better your ground clearance under the truck doesn't change much.

This being said, no drop bracket lift should be ran on Raptor. It's like lifting a GT3 so you can fit 26's on it lol. But it is your truck so you can do as you please. Just know there is reason next no one runs lift kits on Raptors.

Tlh235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just raise your seat to the highest level it will go...it will seem like your truck is lifted...super cheap and doesn't void warranty.

OP
OP
J

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most 4-6" kits require cutting the sub-frame so you can re-locate the diff for proper CV angles. So while you approach and departure might be better your ground clearance under the truck doesn't change much.

This being said, no drop bracket lift should be ran on Raptor. It's like lifting a GT3 so you can fit 26's on it lol. But it is your truck so you can do as you please. Just know there is reason next no one runs lift kits on Raptors.

Thanks for the feedback. It will take time, but I will eventually get the idea of having a lifted Raptor out of my head. The places where I typically take other toys to go off-roading in my area would definitely go a lot smoother in the Raptor with more ground clearance. If I could have added a 4 to 6" lift with bigger tires and retained the great Raptor suspension, I would definitely do it to my wife's dismay (she would probably forgive me :).