Geiser front springs and Deaver +2”

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nimrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got the 2017 Shortbus back from getting some work done at Cameron Steele’s new offroad shop “Baja HQ”
I went with Method wheels, BFG 37’s, Geiser brothers progressive front coils and Deaver +2 leafs in the rear.
I just picked her up this morning but holy cow what a HUGE difference. The tires don’t rub, at least running errands around town, even backing out of my driveway at full lock and I live on a fairly steep hill that creates some weird suspension angles.

The suspension overall feels stiffer but in a good more planted kind of way.
My wife calls our Raptor a boat cause she says it’s so soft that it wallows around.
That feeling is completely gone, she feels more planted and more predictable.
We’re going to Moab for spring break for some hiking and wheeling. I’ll let you guys know how she worked when I get a chance.

So stoked on the recommendations Pab and the guys made down at the Baja HQ.
Got the Bulletproof antenna mount and the PCI cup holder gps mount too.
Gotta save some coin and get those Baja Designs lights I’ve been coveting.

Attachments

• BB2B1518-2A9E-497B-A60C-2198FBF48D7A.jpg
    BB2B1518-2A9E-497B-A60C-2198FBF48D7A.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 285
  • A75237D4-87F8-4021-9FD7-C689933B3852.jpg
    A75237D4-87F8-4021-9FD7-C689933B3852.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 310
Last edited:

FadedSS

Reaction score
Looks great! What size/offset methods?

Do you happen to have measurements from ground to fender?

OP
OP
Nimrod

Nimrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great! What size/offset methods?

Do you happen to have measurements from ground to fender?

I’ll get the numbers. I just told them the wheels I liked and the guys at the shop did the rest.
I did all kinds of research about backspace and rubbing and then they said. “We’ve got it covered”
Lol

OP
OP
Nimrod

Nimrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right on man! Congrats again

From ground to bottom of fender is on average 43 and a half both front and rear.
My driveway slopes everywhich direction so none of the measurements were the same. All 4 corners were different. I’ll get real numbers when I get on some level ground.
I texted the guys at the shop for the wheel numbers. I’m going by there tomorrow so if I don’t hear back I’ll get the numbers off the box.

DEGBTI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got methods too. I believe they are all the same, 4.75 offset. Just go to Method.com and look. Easy

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nimrod

Nimrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the 4.75 is the closest to stock. All I know for sure is they don’t seem to rub under any condition on a paved road.