Front wheel travel Increse?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roostinyfz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wondering if anybody knows for sure if a control arm and a new shock increase wheel travel in the front like the Gen 1 did?

OP
OP
roostinyfz

roostinyfz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MORE INFO NEEDED

What shock and what UCA and or LCA

My question is a general one. Does any control arm/ shock combination increase travel on the Gen 2's like most of the Gen 1's do? My truck should be here in a about 2 weeks and am wanting to get the most bang for my buck.

ASD1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My question is a general one. Does any control arm/ shock combination increase travel on the Gen 2's like most of the Gen 1's do? My truck should be here in a about 2 weeks and am wanting to get the most bang for my buck.

Yes some shocks and UCA / LCA will give you more travel

ASD1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious how you know this? Have you measured it? If so which combination do increase travel, so I can order them?

if you want to go full tilt

BOLT Front Suspension Kit - RPG Offroad

Stage 4 Rear Suspension Kit - RPG Offroad

don't forget this :)

Gen2 RST18 with Recovery Rack - RPG Offroad

if you only want a little more

Billet Upper Control Arms - RPG Offroad

with the "spherical bearing" not ball joints

Better shocks

Fox 3.0 Factory Series Coil-Over Internal Bypass Recirculating Finned Remote DSC - RPG Offroad

Fox 3.0 EXTERNAL BYPASS PIGGYBACK QAB WITH ECS2 EXTERNAL COOLING SYSTEM - RPG Offroad

OP
OP
roostinyfz

roostinyfz

Full Access Member
Reaction score

RPG isn't claiming more travel with the upper control arm?

The Bolt kit is a full replacement upper control arm lower and upright.

I know there are dozens of kits that can increase wheel travel, HM, SVC, RPG, brenthal, blitzkrieg, ect.

My question is does an upper control arm and a new shock increase travel on the Gen 2 and if so which combination does?

ASD1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RPG isn't claiming more travel with the upper control arm?

The Bolt kit is a full replacement upper control arm lower and upright.

I know there are dozens of kits that can increase wheel travel, HM, SVC, RPG, brenthal, blitzkrieg, ect.

My question is does an upper control arm and a new shock increase travel on the Gen 2 and if so which combination does?

"CAMBURG"

Replacing the stock ball-joint with a uni-ball bearing we're able to gain wheel travel with a part that is considerably stronger and will last longer under extreme conditions. We build more caster and change the camber curve to correct geometry so the vehicle aligns correctly and improves driving characteristics and handling. We also maximize useable wheel travel by using a uniball that has more mis-alignment than the factory ball-joint.

t2w

Reaction score

Ok so stupid question here, but the "BOLT" kit will increase front suspension travel to 16.5" but how much does it increase width? Been thinking about going this route but need to know if I'm going to have to run glass up front. TIA