Front hitch on Gen 2s with stock bumper possible?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello FRF,

New guy waiting on his order to be built and lurking on here trying to take in as many ideas to piece together my "build" when it arrives.

Question (I avoided nooblet mistake by searching first, nothing found): How does one go about fitting a front hitch receiver on the Gen 2s? Seems the intercoolers are in the way.

I want to be able to mount a hitch mounted WARN winch to the front when needed.

I am obviously referring to running a front hitch receiver without having to go to an offroad bumper. Possible or not possible?

Bark beetle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is one other thread on this but no solution yet. I am slowly working on my truck and I will be pealing off the bumper to see what I can do. Likely a front mounted intercooler to clear the space because if I put the receiver where it needs to go almost all the air to the intercooler will be blocked. I might also build a complete bumper because the stock one isn't up to any kind of hit. Aerodynamics only.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

wweaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I curious about this as well- if it will be possible for mounting a multi mount up winch front. The aftermarket winch bumper plus the inter cooler relocation kits necessary are crazy high.

theBoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Local fab shop will be designing and building a custom front bumper for me starting this week with a receiver. Should be enough room to leave intercooler alone. I'll post some pics as soon as they get something put together.

ChevyChad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Local fab shop will be designing and building a custom front bumper for me starting this week with a receiver. Should be enough room to leave intercooler alone. I'll post some pics as soon as they get something put together.

Do you have the 360* cameras? If so, any idea how much of the front camera view your custom bumper would take up if its out far enough to allow for the factory intercooler?

CowboyRaptor

Reaction score
hitch receiver to front tow hooks?

I am purchasing a warn winch and hitch multi-mount set up and am trying to think of ways that the multi-mount could be hooked to the front tow hooks...yes some serious jerry-rigging but but doable? An oversized hitch pin that your could secure a short tow rope between the tow hooks and around the hitch and pin? Open for ideas...

CowboyRaptor

Reaction score
What I came up with...

I am purchasing a warn winch and hitch multi-mount set up and am trying to think of ways that the multi-mount could be hooked to the front tow hooks...yes some serious jerry-rigging but but doable? An oversized hitch pin that your could secure a short tow rope between the tow hooks and around the hitch and pin? Open for ideas...

The Warn winch hitch is going to work great from the rear of course and this is where I will always try to use it but should I absolutely have to use it from the front we came up with the clamp that you see to attach from the hitch insert to the shackle on the tow hook. Obviously not ideal but might save me a 30 mile walk some day!

Attachments

• IMAG1024.jpg
    IMAG1024.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 248
  • IMAG1025.jpg
    IMAG1025.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 248

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dirt simple, light, and all bolt on. More detail in my build thread, 800A+ build in the general gen 2 section.

Not a bad setup. I think I'd want something higher so I can put a ball on it to push a trailer around.

I wonder if there'd be a way to mount a receiver on the side of the frame extension and run it through the plastic cap on the bumper.

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Warn winch hitch is going to work great from the rear of course and this is where I will always try to use it but should I absolutely have to use it from the front we came up with the clamp that you see to attach from the hitch insert to the shackle on the tow hook. Obviously not ideal but might save me a 30 mile walk some day!

What cable are you using to connect the winch?

---------- Post added at 07:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 AM ----------

Here is what I did:
368d6733ff7f969819e6854200ab4040.jpg
730f25156a8f5efc694f351f379e676b.jpg

Dirt simple, light, and all bolt on. More detail in my build thread, 800A+ build in the general gen 2 section.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

What receiver tube did you bolt up to your tow hook?