FOX 3.0 Shocks Is there a break in period? These shocks are too tight!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gwpfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another over inflated...at 50 psi after driving it off the lot.

Down to 39ish, didn't get all 4 even by the display...but should've aired down a lot sooner. Much better ride.

Also the tire pressure on the display is a bit slow on the reads, so give it some time if you go off of that.

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will be checking mine in the morning, might lower to 40. Have you noticed any decrease in mileage since lowering?

Raptize

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gen1's ride nice on the street with 47psi in the front and 44 in the rear. The weight difference probably affects the optimal air pressure.
The above would be cold tire pressure.
Motor weighs less I assume, is farther back in engine bay plus the aluminum body panels make for a lighter load on the tires.

Plus the tires on the new Raptor have a different rating I believe.

gwpfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will be checking mine in the morning, might lower to 40. Have you noticed any decrease in mileage since lowering?

No, but didn't really pay any attention and really don't care. When you pay that much for a truck the ride should be smoother right out of the gate and I shouldn't have to air down! WTF!!!!

Overinflated 'should' increase fuel mileage just by physics, but a limit and then the decrease on tire life and increased probability of of flat would likely reduce anticipated economical savings....I didn't pay this much for a rough ride due to to over inflated tires....

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not being to crazy about the mileage really, just want to see what it can get. I get in the gas at times, not very time though. I'm do wonder why a lot of people have had over inflated tires from the dealer or ford. It should not be a issue for us. The dealer should of checked when they pepped the trucks.

pete888

Reaction score
50 PSI from the factory :crazy:

Dropped it down to 40 PSI and what a difference. Rides and drives so much better.