Feedback on RPG 2.25" collar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dasbury

Reaction score
I'm a numbers guy, so i get it. Measurements don't lie - something i did notice though is the optical illusion. On white, AG, light colors, the optics change dramatically once you coat / paint the inner wheels wells. the back appears to sit much higher with all of that "white space". My point is - is it the math you're going for, or the look? i'm not suggesting either is correct. While my 1.5" RPGs work for me, there was still slight rake. Now that I have towed for about 1500 miles - the truck sits very close to level. Anyway, food for thought - optics, measurements, and rear settling.

Cheers,

Dennis

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm a numbers guy, so i get it. Measurements don't lie - something i did notice though is the optical illusion. On white, AG, light colors, the optics change dramatically once you coat / paint the inner wheels wells. the back appears to sit much higher with all of that "white space". My point is - is it the math you're going for, or the look? i'm not suggesting either is correct. While my 1.5" RPGs work for me, there was still slight rake. Now that I have towed for about 1500 miles - the truck sits very close to level. Anyway, food for thought - optics, measurements, and rear settling.

Cheers,

Dennis

Agree completely.....the optics were that the back end was sky high until I coated the wheel wells. Then added the 1.5" collars. Still has a very little rake, but that is what I prefer. Very pleased with final result.

Attachments

• 20170627_110344.jpg
    20170627_110344.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 342

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agree completely.....the optics were that the back end was sky high until I coated the wheel wells. Then added the 1.5" collars. Still has a very little rake, but that is what I prefer. Very pleased with final result.

What coating did you go with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
X

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thanks for posting the pic, that's very helpful.

Maybe I am the odd one out compared to all you guys, but looking at that photo, it seems to me that you are slightly nose high. Not sure how you guys perceive rake.

I think my towing has made my back end settle quite a bit. I don't mind it at all. I just wish my front end wasn't as squishy, but I think that may just be the nature of the beast so I am likely to just leave it alone and enjoy the truck.

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting the pic, that's very helpful.

Maybe I am the odd one out compared to all you guys, but looking at that photo, it seems to me that you are slightly nose high. Not sure how you guys perceive rake.

Seems everyone measures different. What I prefer are two things. 1. Gap between tire and fender on front tire same or less than gap on rear tire. I am little less in front. 2. On level surface, the bed is level or slightly lower on front. I used a 4' level to check. I am not all that worried about 1/4" here or there.....it just had to look good to me and it does....so I am good with 1.5" collar in front.

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remeasured today and I'm now within an inch. It did move some as it was stated earlier. I will leave it be. Close enough.

OP
OP
X

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I backed off the 2.25 and finally got around to getting the RPG 1.5" collars installed. I am happy with the results - truck is 100% level, if not slightly, very slightly even higher in the nose. Have to get it re-aligned soon.

Thanks for all your thoughts and feedback, including pics.

d2CAtUn1oGwy0OknSwl5SZSZnzFK0IKeW9vy9feKElh6s-xHNg.jpg