Eibach lift springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Black6

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Eibach's 2017 springs will work on a Gen 1 Raptor with stock shocks? They look very similar to the Gen 1 Geiser springs, and as mentioned... are about $300 less.

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Eibach's 2017 springs will work on a Gen 1 Raptor with stock shocks? They look very similar to the Gen 1 Geiser springs, and as mentioned... are about $300 less.

I don't think they would work.

Also note the geiser springs cost more but they are progressive.

Sent from my 2017 Raptor using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Black6

Reaction score
I think they'll work... but I am wondering if anyone knows for sure.

I understand that the Geiser springs are progressive... so are the Eibach springs to some degree... even if they are marketed as lift springs, and not progressives.

Just trying to figure this out before I rebuild my Gen 1 shocks... if I replace springs, I would like to do that in conjunction with rebuild.

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think they'll work... but I am wondering if anyone knows for sure.

I understand that the Geiser springs are progressive... so are the Eibach springs to some degree... even if they are marketed as lift springs, and not progressives.

Just trying to figure this out before I rebuild my Gen 1 shocks... if I replace springs, I would like to do that in conjunction with rebuild.

The 2017 springs are a different diameter and length.

The eibach springs are not progressive. They have a higher spring rate but it is still constant.

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guess i never considered they weren't progressive. Just figured combination of "offroad capability" and "ride quality" equated progressive, but your right, they do look to be more a linear/constant spring.

My Gen1 Geiser springs did have the tighter coil gap at bottom, where these look to have more balanced spacing.

51D25899-F885-4C3D-AFBD-D70799C74C36_zps9huux8dl.jpg

Black6

Reaction score
The 2017 springs are a different diameter and length.

The eibach springs are not progressive. They have a higher spring rate but it is still constant.

I am not really comparing the Gen 1 and 2 stock springs. I am wondering if the Eibach Gen 2 springs will fit appropriately on Gen 1 Raptor front shocks... seeing as how the Eibach Gen 2 springs and the Geiser Gen 1 springs appear to be about the same height (length)... and you compress springs when you mount them on a coilover... this can be made to work in my opinion. Differences in width for Gen 1 and 2 stock springs is not really a factor to me because they are very similar... and a slightly larger diameter spring should fit just fine on a Gen 1 Raptor shock. I would like to know Geiser Gen 1 and 2 overall spring lengths, and the Eibach Gen 2 spring length. Sure, it'd be helpful to have those numbers when mounted on comparable Raptors as well... so you have numbers to match at rest, and numbers to match when mounted on a truck on a flat surface. Spring rates are readily available online, and are similar for Geiser and Eibach despite the whole progressive Vs. lift shock thing... so that is not really a consideration to me anymore. I called Eibach today to ask this question. They are looking into it, and will call me back when they have a solid answer.

I called Fox to ask some detailed questions about Gen 2 shock dimensions... and the guy was about as helpful as **** on a boar hog. Glad to see that nothing has changed at Fox since I bought my first Reptar in 2010. :flipthebird:

I would love to find the complete technical specifications for the 2017 Raptor... the detailed ones that they release every year, and are available at Fleet.Ford.Com I have not been successful at finding them thus far. I have them for my 2010 and 2014 trucks. If you really want to compare Gen 1 and 2 stock shocks... thats the best way to do it with exact dimensions.

Thanks for the backup on the Eibach springs being progressive to some degree. Them there coils do taper, and get closer at the bottom of em both.

ChevyChad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not really comparing the Gen 1 and 2 stock springs. I am wondering if the Eibach Gen 2 springs will fit appropriately on Gen 1 Raptor front shocks... seeing as how the Eibach Gen 2 springs and the Geiser Gen 1 springs appear to be about the same height (length)... and you compress springs when you mount them on a coilover... this can be made to work in my opinion. Differences in width for Gen 1 and 2 stock springs is not really a factor to me because they are very similar... and a slightly larger diameter spring should fit just fine on a Gen 1 Raptor shock. I would like to know Geiser Gen 1 and 2 overall spring lengths, and the Eibach Gen 2 spring length. Sure, it'd be helpful to have those numbers when mounted on comparable Raptors as well... so you have numbers to match at rest, and numbers to match when mounted on a truck on a flat surface. Spring rates are readily available online, and are similar for Geiser and Eibach despite the whole progressive Vs. lift shock thing... so that is not really a consideration to me anymore. I called Eibach today to ask this question. They are looking into it, and will call me back when they have a solid answer.

I called Fox to ask some detailed questions about Gen 2 shock dimensions... and the guy was about as helpful as **** on a boar hog. Glad to see that nothing has changed at Fox since I bought my first Reptar in 2010. :flipthebird:

I would love to find the complete technical specifications for the 2017 Raptor... the detailed ones that they release every year, and are available at Fleet.Ford.Com I have not been successful at finding them thus far. I have them for my 2010 and 2014 trucks. If you really want to compare Gen 1 and 2 stock shocks... thats the best way to do it with exact dimensions.

Thanks for the backup on the Eibach springs being progressive to some degree. Them there coils do taper, and get closer at the bottom of em both.

How about you just buy a set and see if they will work? If they don't, I'm sure you can sell them here. You may lose a little bit of money because you'd be selling them used, but if they work then you saved hundreds compared to the geisers. Seems worth the risk.

(BTW, if you do go this route and they don't work, let me know, I'd probably buy them from you :biggrin: )

Black6

Reaction score
How about you just buy a set and see if they will work? If they don't, I'm sure you can sell them here. You may lose a little bit of money because you'd be selling them used, but if they work then you saved hundreds compared to the geisers. Seems worth the risk.

(BTW, if you do go this route and they don't work, let me know, I'd probably buy them from you :biggrin: )

Right on, that's a good call Chad Chad. I'll report back after I attempt to install them. :biggrin: