GEN 2 eibach front spring install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmacclel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bummer I was going to order these but don't want the truck to ride stiffer.

solarwinds

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't fret, my man. The added stiffness is a welcomed addition, feels a bit more planted, but in no way harsh.

Do raise the truck considerably, may be a tad past level.
u gotta get the deavers +3 to level is out now.

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone done any ground to fender measurements? I believe a few have posted hub to fender?

OP
OP
halogrinder

halogrinder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone done any ground to fender measurements? I believe a few have posted hub to fender?

this is inaccurate. The correct and methodical way to check ride height is to go bottom of rim to edge of fender.

Takes the tire out of the equation and anyone who has wheels different size than 17" can add or subtract to make their measurements "standard"

More updates:

Drove to the ranch this weekend, shot at some pigs, drank some beer, and wheeled the truck.
Springs are staying (for now)
some high speed pasture romping (60+) over rough ant hill'ed pig rooted grounds showed me the spring rate works great.
Did some rock crawling, truck did great.

Last edited:

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Makes great sense, takes away tire pressure variances as well. will look to do that going forward.

That said, many others in past have use ground #'s, so if anyone has done the ground measurement, would be helpful to compare to those/my measurements

OP
OP
halogrinder

halogrinder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea, makes no sense at all to go from the ground. tires/rims/weight/truck loading all take into effect. bottom of the rim through the center cap to the fender eliminates all that crap

ChevyChad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think its best to measure from the center of the wheel to the fender. This takes out all rim diameter variation.