Does the Supercrew have different rear leaf springs then Supercab?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

byz250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was told the super crew has a different leaf spring then the super cab on the gen 2 truck. Anyone know if this is true?

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While they may in fact be different PN and rates, the difference is really negligible. This was a debate on the Gen1s as well, and i really couldn't find actual specifics documented other than someone talked to a fox/insert shock company X and they are stiffer/etc to factor additional weight.

I added brand new screw takeoffs to replace my tired scab shocks. I thought maybe they felt stiffer, but any new shock will feel that way when replacing beat to hell 40k mi units. Any added stiffness is only a positive IMO if you plan to use the truck. Same would apply for leafs in similar fashion

OP
OP
B

byz250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While they may in fact be different PN and rates, the difference is really negligible. This was a debate on the Gen1s as well, and i really couldn't find actual specifics documented other than someone talked to a fox/insert shock company X and they are stiffer/etc to factor additional weight.

I added brand new screw takeoffs to replace my tired scab shocks. I thought maybe they felt stiffer, but any new shock will feel that way when replacing beat to hell 40k mi units. Any added stiffness is only a positive IMO if you plan to use the truck. Same would apply for leafs in similar fashion

Im worried about opposite scenario if Im going to tow at all that using SCAB springs on a SCREW that it will squat or be to squishy in rear.