Definitely needs to be leveled

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fusco0520

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure how you gathered that?!?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I'm new to this. But I seen comments about it changing geometry. And that being bad. All I wanna know if this is ok to do to my truck.

MOLONxLABE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I'm new to this. But I seen comments about it changing geometry. And that being bad. All I wanna know if this is ok to do to my truck.

Collars that add preload to the springs will keep safe geometry. Leveling kits that are a spacer that bolts to the top of the shock are bad because the shock is physically longer, causing over extension of the suspension at full droop.

The SVC and RPG offerings are good to go.

Fusco0520

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Collars that add preload to the springs will keep safe geometry. Leveling kits that are a spacer that bolts to the top of the shock are bad because the shock is physically longer, causing over extension of the suspension at full droop.

The SVC and RPG offerings are good to go.

Thank you. That's what I wanted to know. I will order some and get them installed.

NJSP117

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put the RPGs on my truck yesterday and it sit's pretty damn level now and exactly how had hoped it would. I'd be worried about going up to a full 2" might make it sit a little nose high.

Yep put mine on today and it's pretty damn level [emoji3]

Did you guys do them with the shocks on the truck, or did you take them off? I'm waiting for mine to ship....trying to decide which route to the on the install...it's good to see people are able to compress the spring while still on the truck.

Hal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So have all reports been that the RPG's make them level or close? No instances of being nose up at all?

Has anyone message the bed load impact on the rear shocks? Something like 0.25" rear compression per 200 lbs, or some such thing? Just curious that if you were perfectly level with RPG collars, and what amount of load would then be nose up.

sea2jet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealership put them on. They removed the shocks for the install. It was perfectly level once installed. Once I drove the truck 500 miles on rough roads, the front springs settled and now the back is 1/4'" higher than the front. Not really noticeable. I did tow a car trailer and the back did sag more than the front but it wasn't terrible, but noticeable.

OP
OP
Digger

Digger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you guys do them with the shocks on the truck, or did you take them off? I'm waiting for mine to ship....trying to decide which route to the on the install...it's good to see people are able to compress the spring while still on the truck.

We tried to do it with the shocks in the truck and we followed their instructions and used what looked like the same spring compressors they were but they were hitting the inside of the shock tower before we got enough of the spring compressed to get the stock collar off so we took the shocks out and did it. No biggie but I would've preferred getting it done without the extra added work of pulling the shocks.

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can someone who has done this RPG leveling kit measure the total height of the Cab with 35x12.50 wheels. Gotta make sure she will still fit in my garage (don't have her yet) as it may be close.

Reaction score
Call Chris from Crown Offroad. I ordered mine on Sat. They have a perch for the 2017. Rpm I think is the manufacturer. 480-620-3183