Deavers for the new Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jred2255

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1.5" collars in front. +3 Deavers in the rear. I like them so far. Makes pulling the Malibu easier.

UANsehZ.jpg

Last edited:

ScorchedEarth

Reaction score
Got My +3s and an RPG bump kit today at Texas Motorworx, then drove 600 miles home. I only did the RPG 1.5" collar for now, so I also had them use the SDHQ 1" drop shackles so that I can bump to a 3" collar and normal size tig shackles when I go to 37s. It is a tad "stinkbug", but only by about 3/8".

HUGE difference. Couldn't be happier with the results. Way more planted. no more axle wrap. Still cushy, but not too soft.

For anyone in Texas, check out TMX. There are some seriously awesome trucks there and the guys are super knowledgeable.

Thats the exact setup im looking at getting, surprised you had some rake even after the drop shackle... Think it safe to say the settle about .25" over the next 6-9 months? im only going to carry about 50-100lbs of gear and a single spare in the bed full time so no need to go HD, and a +3 will be way too high in the back with that little weight... excited to see how it actually feels off road.

as for a group buy, i just reached out to jeff at svc, well see what we can work out for you guys! stay tuned!!!

joey185

Reaction score
Can anyone explain why I would buy the +3 with a drop shackle over the +2. Would be same ride height. I already have an SDHQ drop shackle. Just don't know what the difference would be in springs besides 1 inch obviously. ???

solarwinds

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can anyone explain why I would buy the +3 with a drop shackle over the +2. Would be same ride height. I already have an SDHQ drop shackle. Just don't know what the difference would be in springs besides 1 inch obviously. ???
i’ll be nice... lift block is 2”. drop shackles lowers it 1”. deavers +2 minus lift block is equal. add shackle u minus 1 lower. deaver +3 brings you back to even with shackles. reminder all this is relative. none of them do exact inch they say, but are all same error margin

Quick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm interested in picking up a set of these, but I'd like to confirm the load changes with this group. I tow a 7k car hauler a few times a year, and don't want it squatting too much. Also throw 2-300lbs of stuff in the back about once a month for a 400mile round-trip run.

So with the Deaver +2 setup, will there be excessive sagging issues or will it sit about the same as stock??

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
(+2) = same height as (+3 with drop shackle)
however (+3 with drop shackle) with have more suspension drop... meaning more travel.
i think that is the way to go... if you ever want or need that extra inch in the back, you could always put the stock shackles back in

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score

my reasoning was:

I did not plan to upgrade the leaf springs at first. based on that, I bought and installed the RPG 1.5" collars.

After driving the truck for a month, I came to the conclusion that raptors suffer from the same, if not more, axle wrap as any other f-150. The rear end would also get a bit too squirrely going fast over whoops and would step out more than i'd prefer.

So, an upgrade to deavers was in order.

I eventually do want to run 37s. I am not ready to do that just yet.

I did not want to buy leaf springs twice.

In order to run 37s and minimize the trimming up front, I'm going to have to lift somewhere between 2.25" and 3".

I want the truck to be level when I'm done ( and on 37s).

I did not want to run the truck with 3" collars and +3 deavers for the next 3-4 months until I am ready for 37s.

If i had to do it all over again, I would have bought the SVC CAS instead of the RPG collars. ( I am still going to replace the 1.5s with the CAS.)

So, only wanting to buy leaf springs once, not wanting to sit 2" higher than the front in full stinkbug fashion, not wanting to have the truck lifted for 37s before i have 37s and needing a way to have the truck sit semi-level, I opted to install the sdhq 1" drop shackles for the time being.

That being said, even with the 1" drop shackles, my truck still sits a little stinkbug ( less than 1").

My plan is to go with the CAS, do my 37s while sorting the front to allow for full stuff. IF The rear needs more lift to sit level after the front is sorted for 37s, I'll go to the camburg TIG shackles to bring the rear up a little bit.

If the rear doesnt need lifted, I'll leave the drop shackles and will be ready to go once I'd ready for the RST16 and shock upgrade.

I do plan on adding limit straps to the setup after I swap my brake lines. I will run appropriate straps for the stock shocks and stock mount points and then can simply move to longer straps after the RST16.

roostinyfz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my reasoning was:

I did not plan to upgrade the leaf springs at first. based on that, I bought and installed the RPG 1.5" collars.

After driving the truck for a month, I came to the conclusion that raptors suffer from the same, if not more, axle wrap as any other f-150. The rear end would also get a bit too squirrely going fast over whoops and would step out more than i'd prefer.

So, an upgrade to deavers was in order.

I eventually do want to run 37s. I am not ready to do that just yet.

I did not want to buy leaf springs twice.

In order to run 37s and minimize the trimming up front, I'm going to have to lift somewhere between 2.25" and 3".

I want the truck to be level when I'm done ( and on 37s).

I did not want to run the truck with 3" collars and +3 deavers for the next 3-4 months until I am ready for 37s.

If i had to do it all over again, I would have bought the SVC CAS instead of the RPG collars. ( I am still going to replace the 1.5s with the CAS.)

So, only wanting to buy leaf springs once, not wanting to sit 2" higher than the front in full stinkbug fashion, not wanting to have the truck lifted for 37s before i have 37s and needing a way to have the truck sit semi-level, I opted to install the sdhq 1" drop shackles for the time being.

That being said, even with the 1" drop shackles, my truck still sits a little stinkbug ( less than 1").

My plan is to go with the CAS, do my 37s while sorting the front to allow for full stuff. IF The rear needs more lift to sit level after the front is sorted for 37s, I'll go to the camburg TIG shackles to bring the rear up a little bit.

If the rear doesnt need lifted, I'll leave the drop shackles and will be ready to go once I'd ready for the RST16 and shock upgrade.

I do plan on adding limit straps to the setup after I swap my brake lines. I will run appropriate straps for the stock shocks and stock mount points and then can simply move to longer straps after the RST16.

Talked to RPG the other day and they told me there is not going to be a rst16 for the new raptors. Only a rst18??