Deavers for the new Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ecoop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the rear blocks are 2.5" if I remember right. I was mocking mine up for +4 springs so got a 4" block to set up front height and test it all out and noticed factory 2.5" block. With that and 37" tires puts fender lip at 44".

Mkarban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just put Icon collars on front at 1.75". It puts front end 1/4" higher than rear when measuring ground to fender edge.
I'm installing 3+ Deavers this weekend. Should give me .75" rake, which will be perfect for any use of my bed or if I put a bed rack in.
On another note, finish on Deavers is terrible from factory. I don't want to disassemble them to powder coat, so I'll touch up with rustoleum paint.

Last edited:

Pankster

Reaction score
Can someone please explain to me the difference between buying deavers and using a 4" block lift. I recently put on a SVC cas and have it adjusted to 1 9/16 and would like to leave it at that height but it's about 1 inch higher in the front.

Attachments

• IMG_5820.jpg
    IMG_5820.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 59

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can someone please explain to me the difference between buying deavers and using a 4" block lift. I recently put on a SVC cas and have it adjusted to 1 9/16 and would like to leave it at that height but it's about 1 inch higher in the front.

Deaver springs are progressive and they’re going to improve the ride/performance while the blocks will just make it taller.

Sent from my 2017 Raptor using Tapatalk

Pankster

Reaction score
Deaver springs are progressive and they’re going to improve the ride/performance while the blocks will just make it taller.

Gotcha, Thanks! One more question......If it doesn't improve ride quality does it degrade it at all?

Jred2255

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Deavers will improve the ride over stock? Is that because the block is being removed and replaced by leafs? I always assumed the +3 deavers were a stiffer ride than stock.

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

I just put Icon collars on front at 1.75". It puts front end 1/4" higher than rear when measuring ground to fender edge.
I'm installing 3+ Deavers this weekend. Should give me .75" rake, which will be perfect for any use of my bed or if I put a bed rack in.
On another note, finish on Deavers is terrible from factory. I don't want to disassemble them to powder coat, so I'll touch up with rustoleum paint.

Awesome. Pics when it happens please.

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Gotcha, Thanks! One more question......If it doesn't improve ride quality does it degrade it at all?

Replacing the stock blocks with taller blocks would increase axle wrap and wheel hop which is already pretty bad stock. Springs would be the ideal solution even if your truck doesn't see dirt. Although they will cost more, you would be pleased with how they ride.

Deavers will improve the ride over stock? Is that because the block is being removed and replaced by leafs? I always assumed the +3 deavers were a stiffer ride than stock.

This entire thread is about how progressive springs will improve ride and performance. Every post from owners who have had them installed is praising how great they are. Many people have called them the best part they have added to their truck. They reduce wheel hop and axle wrap and cycle much better because of their progressive spring rate. They are not stiffer. They do offer stiffer springs to better handle heavy loads but they are not standard.

Cropdoc

Reaction score
Just learned something - there is a RPG Off Road and a PRG Products. My apologies.

Yes, that's a good question I also want to hear an answer on. BTW fellas, it ain't RPG (rocket launchers), it's PRG (off road). (LOL)