GEN 2 Deavers and coating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

erolivas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Getting ready to install my Deavers +3, and I was thinking about spraying them with Amsoil HD Metal Protector to prevent any rusting. I opted not to go with powder coating the leafs when I ordered them. Any feedback on Amsoil metal protector or related coating? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heeblet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had mine coated with similar. I saw some rust horror stories on Facebook of the deavars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Getting ready to install my Deavers +3, and I was thinking about spraying them with Amsoil HD Metal Protector to prevent any rusting. I opted not to go with powder coating the leafs when I ordered them. Any feedback on Amsoil metal protector or related coating? Thanks in advance.

I used HDMP on my first set of Deavers. It helps a lot (you will need to reapply periodically) but it won't completely prevent them from rusting.

I opted to order my second set of Deavers powder coated.

OP
OP
E

erolivas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback guys.

Mkarban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My first set looked terrible after 1 year. Completely rust coated from MN winter. I just ordered another set powder coated. I will still spray these new ones with Fluid Film.

OP
OP
E

erolivas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My first set looked terrible after 1 year. Completely rust coated from MN winter. I just ordered another set powder coated. I will still spray these new ones with Fluid Film.

Thanks for the reply. I’m in New Mexico, so winters here have been pretty mild. Weather here is usually hot and dry. The monsoon rains will start sometime this month.

Tlh235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much extra does it cost to have them powder coated? I'm in ohio...so we have some snow.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had mine powder coated from Deaver. And when thy arrived most of the coating was gone or so thin it wasn’t worth it.

I wouldn’t recommend the added fee for the powder coat