Deaver Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I put the Geiser 2.5" springs up front with Camburg UCA's, I got the front sitting nicely but I feel the back sits about 3/4" to low now.

I know the Deaver +2's are supposed to be about stock height and stock ride quality & the +3's raise the rear an 1" but give you a stiffer ride and better suited for towing. Issue is I want a slight raise in the back but I dont want a stiffer ride as I wont ever tow anything with this truck.

Suggestions?

Do they offer a small block that I can use with the +2's and get the ride quality I want with the slight 3/4" raise as well??

Just want to level out the truck some and increase ride quality.

I also plan on putting some bump stops on as well when I do the deavers.

Thanks in advance!

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So I put the Geiser 2.5" springs up front with Camburg UCA's, I got the front sitting nicely but I feel the back sits about 3/4" to low now.

I know the Deaver +2's are supposed to be about stock height and stock ride quality & the +3's raise the rear an 1" but give you a stiffer ride and better suited for towing. Issue is I want a slight raise in the back but I dont want a stiffer ride as I wont ever tow anything with this truck.

Suggestions?

Do they offer a small block that I can use with the +2's and get the ride quality I want with the slight 3/4" raise as well??

Thanks in advance!

The +3 Deaver will not provide a stiffer ride. Per Deaver specs, they're built to handle 200lbs in and out of the bed, not a constant load. That amount is not enough to cause a stiff ride.

The +3 will work with your setup nicely and leave you around 1/4" lower in front.

Hope that answers your question! Let me know if we can put a package together for you with Deavers and Bump Stops, we offer multiple brands from various manufacturers.

DocSpooK

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

So, on my gen1, i briefly had +2 deavers and the stock blocks. Very high rear, but crap ride cause the stock shock was extended out of its damping range.
Then got regular f150 blocks (2” instead of Raptor 3”) off a junkyard and it was better.
Then i got the Icon springs (probably deaver +3, ask Dillon) and Rainbows and Unicorns baby!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, on my gen1, i briefly had +2 deavers and the stock blocks. Very high rear, but crap ride cause the stock shock was extended out of its damping range.
Then got regular f150 blocks (2” instead of Raptor 3”) off a junkyard and it was better.
Then i got the Icon springs (probably deaver +3, ask Dillon) and Rainbows and Unicorns baby!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Awesome thx for the info! Def going to go that route then! I think it will help stabilize the rear to match how the front feels now with the Geiser springs

---------- Post added at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 AM ----------

The +3 Deaver will not provide a stiffer ride. Per Deaver specs, they're built to handle 200lbs in and out of the bed, not a constant load. That amount is not enough to cause a stiff ride.

The +3 will work with your setup nicely and leave you around 1/4" lower in front.

Hope that answers your question! Let me know if we can put a package together for you with Deavers and Bump Stops, we offer multiple brands from various manufacturers.

Thanks Nick! Yea if you could shoot me over a PM tomorrow with the Deaver +3 and some bump stop options that would be great man :)

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Awesome thx for the info! Def going to go that route then! I think it will help stabilize the rear to match how the front feels now with the Geiser springs

---------- Post added at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 AM ----------

Thanks Nick! Yea if you could shoot me over a PM tomorrow with the Deaver +3 and some bump stop options that would be great man :)

PM sent!

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score

When I went to Geiser Bros springs at mid-perch and Deaver +2 my Raptor sat level and looked great.

I then added my chase rack with two tires and gear and now I was riding nose high. Hooked up my toybox and got some serious Cali-Lean!

I had Deaver re-arch to +3 and in my case added a load leaf. I now have a nice factory stance and as far as the ride is concerned, loaded or unloaded it rides great and far better than stock.

The Deaver +3's own their own do not make the ride stiffer at all. And I would argue the load leaf doesn't as well.

Poodles84

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

I'm running Geiser springs, Camburg UCA and +3 and am about 1/2" high in back unloaded with no spare tire. Rack for Powertank, Jack, and tire is coming and should be about level based solely on putting people in the bed of my truck and measuring.

Deavers are stiffer than stock rear springs unloaded, but with about 150 lbs or more in the back they are dialed.

jgree32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Speaking to Deaver they said +3 wouldnt help with sag really when towing.
They told me if you tow they'd recommend adding a 500lb spring along with the +3
What I'm leaning toward just worried about the ride when not towing.