Deaver and Geiser?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sherwood

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've spent hours reading on here about doing a Deaver and Geiser combo on these trucks. For the people that have done it, is it worth it? Meaning it's a $70K truck and seems strange to put another $2000 (not including installation) into a well engineered truck. My truck is my daily driver/weekend warrior so I don't need a race truck. Also, anyone self install? How hard was it?

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
I've spent hours reading on here about doing a Deaver and Geiser combo on these trucks. For the people that have done it, is it worth it? Meaning it's a $70K truck and seems strange to put another $2000 (not including installation) into a well engineered truck. My truck is my daily driver/weekend warrior so I don't need a race truck. Also, anyone self install? How hard was it?

I'll tell ya what, search for "deavers worth it"

And let us know what comes back. :specialed:

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
100% worth it. best money i've spent. installation is pretty easy but you need a couple special tools. spring compressor you can rent from autozone and a good impact (milwaukee m18 fuel) to get the front lower shock bolt. other than that a good jack and stands

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Count the number of leafs in your spring pack then count the number of leafs in a Deaver spring pack. Then ask yourself if well engineered means best performing or cheapest.

It's a Ford, at the end of the day.

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have this combo and truck sits higher and perfectly level with +3s

Truck rides better than stock and off roads awesome.

Do you need this combo? No but if you want to do it why not? If not save your $$$ spend it else where or just leave your stock Ford as is.

OP
OP
sherwood

sherwood

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have this combo and truck sits higher and perfectly level with +3s

Truck rides better than stock and off roads awesome.

Do you need this combo? No but if you want to do it why not? If not save your $$$ spend it else where or just leave your stock Ford as is.

I thought the +2 was level? Do you carry anything in the bed?

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I thought the +2 was level? Do you carry anything in the bed?

The Deaver +2s are the same height as the factory leafs because you remove the 2" factory block. The Geisers springs raise the front past the height of the factory rear leafs, so you need the Deaver +3s to level it out again.

Higgs Boson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Geiser fronts and Deaver +3 rears and the rear sits about .2 inches higher in the rear than the front but I have only driven it 50 miles or so on the street, there may be more settling to be done.

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ yea mine sits exactly level with the Geisers and +3s

I love the feel and the look. When you see my Raptor next to a stock Raptor mine looks so much bigger and the aftermarket wheel fitment makes it look better with the stance.