Deaver +3 Springs installed now what?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor404

Reaction score
Please correct me but I counted 5 actual pieces on the factory leafs. And 12 on the Deavers.

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The +3 is for heavier loads and towing. She’s gonna ride stiffer. The +2 is more like the stock ride until it gets deeper into the spring.

The +3s just increase the ride height. They are not stiffer. Deaver does make heavy duty springs but they are separate and available in different heights as well. The +3s are not the heavy duty version.

hdinmotion

Reaction score
I have +3 along with a load leaf with Fox 3.0's and my ride is awesome both on and off-road. I usually carry a chase rack with 2 tires so there is some weight in the rear.

However even without the chase rack my ride is very nice with an empty bed. Shock tuning makes a big difference as well which helps for the great ride.

Would you mind sharing your compression and rebound settings on your 3.0’s? I just got the plus 3’s and 3.0s as well.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
Would you mind sharing your compression and rebound settings on your 3.0’s? I just got the plus 3’s and 3.0s as well.

With my rear shocks at 200PSI my current settings are...

Compression

Short - 2 (2 full turns from closed)
Long - 1 (1 full turn from closed)

Rebound - 7 (7 full turns from closed)

Keep in mind from what I found what works well for one doesn't work well for others. I took several other FRF members settings and didn't like the feel. I also changed shock PSI from a low of 180 (great on road very soft off-road) to my current 200 and will go to 220 to test out the ride.

As for the front, I keep the DSC's wide open on road then adjust the high-speed compression to 7 clicks. My front shock pressure is 200PSI as well.

Raptor404

Reaction score
Just wanted to share some pics with the Deavers +3 installed. I have the Icon's on the front set at the max of 2.25". The stance is PERFECT. Even with the heavy Backbones headache rack. I am sure it can take some more weight and still look level.

And if I may... Let me just say the guys I dealt with at both RPG and Deavers were terrific. I would support these guys/company anytime. Oh and Evil Manufacturing.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-17 at 7.27.05 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-01-17 at 7.27.05 PM.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 528
  • Screen Shot 2018-01-17 at 7.27.26 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-01-17 at 7.27.26 PM.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 520
  • Screen Shot 2018-01-17 at 7.27.52 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-01-17 at 7.27.52 PM.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 503

hdinmotion

Reaction score
With my rear shocks at 200PSI my current settings are...

Compression

Short - 2 (2 full turns from closed)
Long - 1 (1 full turn from closed)

Rebound - 7 (7 full turns from closed)

Keep in mind from what I found what works well for one doesn't work well for others. I took several other FRF members settings and didn't like the feel. I also changed shock PSI from a low of 180 (great on road very soft off-road) to my current 200 and will go to 220 to test out the ride.

As for the front, I keep the DSC's wide open on road then adjust the high-speed compression to 7 clicks. My front shock pressure is 200PSI as well.

Thanks for your reply!

Just tried your settings on the road and really like it so far.

Previously I was 2 full turns (from closed) on both rebounds and slight softer on compressions.

My ride was a little too lively on the rear axle. This helped a lot. Thanks again.

khcdave

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We usually run a plus 1 shackle with the +3's also. Only lowers ride height 1/2 in and allows for more travel eliminating the factory rubber bushing along with more throw. Helps with ride quality also.

Sounds like you got it with adjusting the valving though. Even +3 always ride good for us.

Attachments

• IMG_4396.jpg
    IMG_4396.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 134

roostinyfz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We usually run a plus 1 shackle with the +3's also. Only lowers ride height 1/2 in and allows for more travel eliminating the factory rubber bushing along with more throw. Helps with ride quality also.

Sounds like you got it with adjusting the valving though. Even +3 always ride good for us.

How much travel does this add with stock shocks, shackles, and deavers? Just curious?

Last edited:

khcdave

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
How much travel does this add with stock shocks, shackles, and deavers? Just curious?

With stock shocks in the stock location it wont add any travel. It will improve ride slightly though. To get the travel potential out of the shackle/spring set up you need to run a longer shock

roostinyfz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With stock shocks in the stock location it wont add any travel. It will improve ride slightly though. To get the travel potential out of the shackle/spring set up you need to run a longer shock

How much with a longer shock? I’ve asked around about this and nobody knows, but I think is a good way to go.