Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums > Ford Raptor Suspension Discussion and Modifications Forum [GEN 2]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Suspension Discussion and Modifications Forum [GEN 2]

Deaver +2 & SVC Bumpstop Kit

This is a discussion on Deaver +2 & SVC Bumpstop Kit within the Ford Raptor Suspension Discussion and Modifications Forum [GEN 2] forums, part of the GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums category!
Well, I went to visit the guys down at SVC today to have some Deaver +2s and their bump stop ...

User Tag List

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2018, 08:40 PM   #1 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default Deaver +2 & SVC Bumpstop Kit
Well, I went to visit the guys down at SVC today to have some Deaver +2s and their bump stop kit installed. The rear end of the truck has always bothered me since day 1 - very skittish and unpredictable at times. I learned about the Deavers from this forum early on. I knew it was a mod that I had to do and that day was today. On my bumper to bumper drive home I could immediately notice the difference. It is so good in fact, that now the front feels 'meh' in comparison I definitely need more seat time but so far, it is as others have stated, night and day. The OEM leaf springs are very scrawny compared to the Deaver units. I think Ford cheaped out or wanted to save weight and basically 'over sprung' the rear springs, at least that is how it felt and that is how they look.

It took the guys at SVC about 4 hours to do the work as I sat on my lazy ass on their couch :D

So, I have nothing done suspension other that the rear springs and bump kit. I didn't want to do collars yet as I want to see how the truck behaves as it is first to see which direction I want to go. I'll chime in later with updates as I have more hours with them.

nikhsub1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 10:45 PM   #2 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

Nice! Deavers definitely make a huge difference. Deavers and bump stops should be the first mods on either gen Raptor IMO
Raven13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 10:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Default Deaver +2 & SVC Bumpstop Kit
Nice! Congrats and I agree with Raven13 100%

Wish SVC was close to me!

I just plasti dipped my Fox bump collars, I canít stand gold on a vehicle. Probably wonít hold up but going to give it a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Raven13 and BenBB like this.

2011 Black SuperCab
brettmess24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 08:46 AM   #4 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Nice! How much higher is your rear sitting? I agree that the rear ends on these are a lot more skittish then the previous gen.

FOR SALE OR TRADE: New Baja Designs 50" S8 Driving combo Light Bar $800
FullAuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 09:31 AM   #5 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Originally Posted by FullAuto View Post
Nice! How much higher is your rear sitting? I agree that the rear ends on these are a lot more skittish then the previous gen.
Deaver +2s are supposed to keep the truck at factory height, but lets see his results. (i.e. When you take out the 2" block, the +2 makes it the same)
FullAuto likes this.

TXRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 09:48 AM   #6 (permalink)
FRF Addict

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

For others interested in Deavers, I would recommend that you consider getting +3s instead of +2s. If you want to keep the ride height stock, then just add a +2 shackle, which will lower ride height by about an inch. This setup should be slightly better able to handle some weight in the bed without sagging or affecting performance and may also net you some additional travel.

Then later if you add collars up front or get aftermarket shocks and need/want to set the truck up with a little more ride height, you've already got the right springs.

Also recommend getting aftermarket shackles regardless. The stockers are stamped steel junk and more prone to bending/twisting, which leads to binding. I like the Camburg tig shackles but they're all better than stock.
Raptor911 likes this.

Old 06-15-2018, 09:49 AM   #7 (permalink)

"GEN2 Foamer"

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)

+2's with RPG 1.5" collars

Sits dead level. Note, I keep about 100lbs in the bed up against the cab. Anything more than that and I will dip a bit.

Old 06-15-2018, 10:15 AM   #8 (permalink)

Full Access Member

(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by FullAuto View Post

My truck was freakishly high in the rear stock for some reason. It is actually a touch lower now - at least from eyeballing. Iíll measure in a couple of days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nikhsub1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 11:19 AM   #9 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

What was the cost to have this done? As long as it keeps stock height and improves the suspension I might consider doing this also.
JetG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 11:44 AM   #10 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Originally Posted by JetG View Post
What was the cost to have this done? As long as it keeps stock height and improves the suspension I might consider doing this also.
the springs are 1300-1400 if you aren't ordering a custom rate or having them powder coated.

Install should take a couple hours. That cost would depend on shop rate.
zombiekiller is offline   Reply With Quote