CV Angles with Perch Collars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ameration

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could any one post some pics of the CV Shaft angles after adding the 1.5” or 2.25” perch collars?

Thank you.

OP
OP
ameration

ameration

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any one have pics that they can share? I had a leveling kit on my previous F150 and it prematurely wore out the ball joints, had the CV’s at a steeper angle, etc....

trophycummins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The preload collars do not change the suspension cycle like the leveling kit in your F150 did.

It is still in the same exact positioning as factory, thus CV angles would be irrelevant.

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They don’t change the swing but they change the angle, hence the lift. It’s that increase in angle that accelerates wear.

For the OP, wouldn’t worry about it. It’s a cool look and in the grand scheme of things they aren’t too expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trophycummins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They don’t change the swing but they change the angle, hence the lift. It’s that increase in angle that accelerates wear.

For the OP, wouldn’t worry about it. It’s a cool look and in the grand scheme of things they aren’t too expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The "increase" in angle doesnt increase wear if your within the operating range.

Also, the CVs dont spin going down the highway in 2wd, assuming they did increase wear, it would only happen in 4wd.

apeezie289

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2.25" collar and deaver +3 and I've already had to replace my driver side CV joint. The replacement one now makes a knocking sound while in 4wd so I'm bringing it back to dealer. Not sure whats going on.

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It is still in the same exact positioning as factory, thus CV angles would be irrelevant.
That's incorrect...the new ride height means increased CV angle at rest, but you are correct in that at max droop the stock CV angles are retained...

I'm not a big fan of lots of preload like 2.25"-2.5" spacer lifts..it stiffens up the spring and puts the shock outside of its designed by pass zones...

MadMaxx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're worried about CV angles, get RCV's.

Any time you modify something outside of Factory Spec, you're gonna have to start to pay to play.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's incorrect...the new ride height means increased CV angle at rest, but you are correct in that at max droop the stock CV angles are retained...

I'm not a big fan of lots of preload like 2.25"-2.5" spacer lifts..it stiffens up the spring and puts the shock outside of its designed by pass zones...

Please, explain to me how adding preload to a spring changes the spring rate, or how many pounds it takes to compress the spring one inch (lbs/in)....

Please note the stock springs are linear.