Complete Stock Setup Measurement Request

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FGHT ON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not noticing much of a rake on my truck. I'm about to install the RPG collars, but I'm afraid I'll end up having the ass sag. I like a slight rake. I could always have a set of deavers made, but I don't haul or tow, so it would only be for the gained height.

On level ground, as is, I only have a 1" difference in wheel gap between front and rear. 1.5" raised in the front from the collars is going to put me nose high. Most of the the members are still stating a slight rake even after the collar install. Is it not really a true 1.5" gain?

Can some of you who are still stock let me know your wheel gap measurements? I'm getting 7 in front and 8 in rear.

Jred2255

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds about right. I have 35" trails grapplers and i'm getting 40.5" front and 41.75" rear measuring from the ground to the fender.

F150Feste

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been told its better to measure from the front at the bottom line of the truck and the rear from that same point (think close to the side steps as the front and rear fenders are different heights on the truck anyway). When I did that, I was like .75 inch difference from front to rear.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm not noticing much of a rake on my truck. I'm about to install the RPG collars, but I'm afraid I'll end up having the ass sag. I like a slight rake. I could always have a set of deavers made, but I don't haul or tow, so it would only be for the gained height.

On level ground, as is, I only have a 1" difference in wheel gap between front and rear. 1.5" raised in the front from the collars is going to put me nose high. Most of the the members are still stating a slight rake even after the collar install. Is it not really a true 1.5" gain?

Can some of you who are still stock let me know your wheel gap measurements? I'm getting 7 in front and 8 in rear.

I dont have stock measurements, but you wont be nose high. I have 1.5" rpg and at first didnt like that it still had rake, but the suspension is so soft, it takes nothing to squat it, so I am happy it has a little rake to it still.

OP
OP
F

FGHT ON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds about right. I have 35" trails grapplers and i'm getting 40.5" front and 41.75" rear measuring from the ground to the fender.

Are you leveled?

I dont have stock measurements, but you wont be nose high. I have 1.5" rpg and at first didnt like that it still had rake, but the suspension is so soft, it takes nothing to squat it, so I am happy it has a little rake to it still.

That's exactly what got me worried about this. I had a few boxes of wedding gifts, and I'm not talking about anything with any real weight, in the bed over the weekend and I was squatting an inch. Raise the front at all and I kiss my rake goodbye even with am empty bed. I'm super OCD and have spent more money than I'd like to remember on past trucks having custom rear springs built and re-built to create the stance I'm looking for. I love my factory stance, but am afraid my new wheels will rub w/o the collars.

Jake17

★ REBEL LIFE ★
Reaction score
Love my factory stance, but afraid my new wheels will rub w/o the collars.
offset is critical > any kinda rubbin's unacceptable

Attachments

• IMG_2293_edited.jpg
    IMG_2293_edited.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 68
OP
OP
F

FGHT ON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
offset is critical > any kinda rubbin's unacceptable

I've already switched my wheel choice for that exact reason. I settled on 20x9 w a +1 bs

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

No, factory. Only mods are wheels/tires and a stubby antenna :crazy:

The stubby is an absolute must!!

What wheels (and specs) are you running?

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are you leveled?

That's exactly what got me worried about this. I had a few boxes of wedding gifts, and I'm not talking about anything with any real weight, in the bed over the weekend and I was squatting an inch. Raise the front at all and I kiss my rake goodbye even with am empty bed. I'm super OCD and have spent more money than I'd like to remember on past trucks having custom rear springs built and re-built to create the stance I'm looking for. I love my factory stance, but am afraid my new wheels will rub w/o the collars.

Its gonna be tough for you to be happy then, because the stance is quite variable depending on the surface you park on, the suspension is quite soft.

here is my truck with RPG collars, the passenger front is juust up on pavement and it makes it look like the rear is MUCH higher than the front.

kbTQNNH.jpg

then the same truck on "flat" ground and it looks level

c84Weqy.jpg

OP
OP
F

FGHT ON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its gonna be tough for you to be happy then, because the stance is quite variable depending on the surface you park on, the suspension is quite soft.

Damn, you're not kidding on that first pic! Thanks for the pics!