Bump Stops

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

racerjb

Reaction score
TTT, looking to see if there is more input now that the SVC is available...I am trying to decided and looking for input... I like the adj feature of the new SVC and the Fox air bump with IFP....but also like the simplicity of the RPG and the 2.5" which seams to be proven.

Thanks.

rdsc

Reaction score
What's your guys opinion on using bump kits to help with sag while towing? I have a 6500lb boat that I tow and I get some sag in the ass end when fully loaded. I'd really like a solution to level the rear end out a bit, but I don't want to do air bags...

Thoughts?

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
TTT, looking to see if there is more input now that the SVC is available...I am trying to decided and looking for input... I like the adj feature of the new SVC and the Fox air bump with IFP....but also like the simplicity of the RPG and the 2.5" which seams to be proven.

Thanks.

The Fox 2.0 IFP is a beautiful piece, but I wouldn't recommend it as a towing aide. The shaft on the 2.0 " is substantially smaller then the 2.5" which correlates to increased load capacity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

What's your guys opinion on using bump kits to help with sag while towing? I have a 6500lb boat that I tow and I get some sag in the ass end when fully loaded. I'd really like a solution to level the rear end out a bit, but I don't want to do air bags...

Thoughts?

How many miles are you going to tow?

If going a short distance, simply add our extensions. A 3/16 Allen wrench and your done.

If your going longer distances, simply swap the 2.5" x 2.5" bump out for the 4" travel. 1 5/16" wrench for the top nut and your done. It's longer which prevents negative arching the spring. Longer travel means softer ride.

rdsc

Reaction score
How many miles are you going to tow?

If going a short distance, simply add our extensions. A 3/16 Allen wrench and your done.

If your going longer distances, simply swap the 2.5" x 2.5" bump out for the 4" travel. 1 5/16" wrench for the top nut and your done. It's longer which prevents negative arching the spring. Longer travel means softer ride.

So I do a few long trips during the year as well as a few short trips in between...

Question, whats the harm in just leaving the extensions on all the time? OR why couldn't a guy just leave the 4" bumps on all the time...?

Please accuse my ignorance on the matter, I'm still learning.

dlbb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I do a few long trips during the year as well as a few short trips in between...

Question, whats the harm in just leaving the extensions on all the time? OR why couldn't a guy just leave the 4" bumps on all the time...?

your question can't be any worse then mine.
what is the purpose of the bump stop kit? is it just for ppl who jump their trucks?

yes i am still learning too. the last time i needed to change the factory bump stop was on a 6" dropped 2wd f150. i used sumosprings to stay off the factory bump stops.

Skyline

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
these bumpstops kits are multi use. They were originally designed to dampen the impact of shocks bottoming out with another "shock" instead of letting the axles hit on essentially just pieces of rubber. on the raptor they were also made to help the gen 1's with the issues people had of bending them frames from big impacts, as these kits helped to brace the frame in the "weak" spot. Newest adaptations of these kits have been used to aid in towing loads with a somehow adjustable version of these bumpstops being moved lower to prevent the truck sagging as much.
TLDR;pretty cool piece of equipment that helps with some piece of mind when aggressively offroading, and also can be useful for on road things like towing.

Kowboy17

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I have the RPG stage 2 and loved it. (Gen 1). 2" for daily and 4" for towing (8K trailer 2600 miles and it was smoooooth). you don't want to leave the 4" without a load or it'll feel like a 79' Ford with 1 ton springs turned upside down! It's easy to switch them out though. Jack up the a$$ with a floor jack (on your hitch) and let it droop, change out and back to business

Slow6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too have the RPG Stage 2. Easy enough to install and does help with towing.

On a Gen 1 or Gen 2?

I need to do springs and looking at doing the bump stop at the same time.
Can't find the installation instructions for the SVC kit.
Read Icon's instructions, lots of adjustments and fine tuning adjustments under the frame it looks like.
Rogue bump stop kit couldn't find instructions on their website.
RPG looks pretty straight forward, I have a question I would ask before buying about the exhaust bracket modification other than that right now it's the one I'd go with. As stated it has a 2.5 option which would be better for towing. (I know I know it's a Raptor, built for other things)

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On a Gen 1 or Gen 2?

I need to do springs and looking at doing the bump stop at the same time.
Can't find the installation instructions for the SVC kit.
Read Icon's instructions, lots of adjustments and fine tuning adjustments under the frame it looks like.
Rogue bump stop kit couldn't find instructions on their website.
RPG looks pretty straight forward, I have a question I would ask before buying about the exhaust bracket modification other than that right now it's the one I'd go with. As stated it has a 2.5 option which would be better for towing. (I know I know it's a Raptor, built for other things)

SVC has a video on youtube on them installing the kit.

However they have the bed off which makes it look like a breeze. Trust me it’s more challenging with the bed on!