Bump Stops

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
crash457

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Add to your list above:

Do you have to remove the bed for install?
Does it require cutting holes in frame or inner fenders?
Is the SVC one the only 100% bolt on?

Good questions. I only posted the info that was on their websites. I will defer that to the MFGs:

@svc
@RPG
@Rogue Racing

Does your bump stop kit require the frame to be drilled or cut?
Does your bump stop kit require the bed to be removed for install?
Is your bump stop kit 100% bolt on?
Will your bump stop kit accommodate 4" bump stops?
Can longer bump stop pads be used on 2.5" bump stops for towing?
Will your bump stop kit work with aftermarket leaf springs?
Will your bump stop kit work with aftermarket exhaust?
Are there any important details about your kit that have not been detailed above?

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Good questions. I only posted the info that was on their websites. I will defer that to the MFGs:

@svc
@RPG
@Rogue Racing

Does your bump stop kit require the frame to be drilled or cut?
Does your bump stop kit require the bed to be removed for install?
Is your bump stop kit 100% bolt on?
Will your bump stop kit accommodate 4" bump stops?
Can longer bump stop pads be used on 2.5" bump stops for towing?
Will your bump stop kit work with aftermarket leaf springs?
Will your bump stop kit work with aftermarket exhaust?
Are there any important details about your kit that have not been detailed above?

Does your bump stop kit require the frame to be drilled or cut? NO
Does your bump stop kit require the bed to be removed for install? NO
Is your bump stop kit 100% bolt on? YES
Will your bump stop kit accommodate 4" bump stops? YES
Can longer bump stop pads be used on 2.5" bump stops for towing? YES
Will your bump stop kit work with aftermarket leaf springs? YES
Will your bump stop kit work with aftermarket exhaust? YES

One of the common questions we are asked about our bump stop kit is adjustability vs strength.

We have opted not to make our BSK adjustable.
on our kit, the bump stop is mounted in the highest position such that the factory shock and the air bump are compressed at the same location. If you want to mount the bump stop up any higher than this, the shock absorber is then your upwards suspension stop which yields to ripped off shock mounts.
If you wish to simply tow or adjust the use of the bump stop, Easily swap out the bump stop impact pads with extensions. We offer them in +1" or +3" This does not require an impact gun or 5 minutes. Simply a 3/16 allen wrench and a 7/16 wrench.

Strength,
We have never had a customer bend or tweak one of our kits. For that matter, we have not seen a Rogue kit bent either. But...

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@RPG

Can the 3" pads be swapped in without jacking the truck? If not, how much does the truck need to be raised; i.e., could I just use the trailer jack and swap out the pads before I unhook? What's your opinion on using the extension pads vs swapping out the bump stops?

---------- Post added at 09:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 AM ----------

You guys left Icon off the list - don't know if their bump stop kit can be used for towing though, nor if/when they plan to have one for the Gen2.

Last edited:

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
@RPG

Can the 3" pads be swapped in without jacking the truck? If not, how much does the truck need to be raised; i.e., could I just use the trailer jack and swap out the pads before I unhook? What's your opinion on using the extension pads vs swapping out the bump stops?

---------- Post added at 09:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 AM ----------

You guys left Icon off the list - don't know if their bump stop kit can be used for towing though, nor if/when they plan to have one for the Gen2.

Yes you can swap out the pads.

When traveling more than say 50 miles, we recommend swapping out the 2.5" Travel bumps for 4" The 2.5" gets the job done, but the 4" is much smoother. On some occasions with the 4", we will remove one of the internal travel limiters to make the 4" a 5"

roostinyfz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have opted not to make our BSK adjustable.
on our kit, the bump stop is mounted in the highest position such that the factory shock and the air bump are compressed at the same location. If you want to mount the bump stop up any higher than this, the shock absorber is then your upwards suspension stop which yields to ripped off shock mounts.

Does this shock mount problem apply to an RST 18 as well? In other words can I get more up travel out of the suspension with an RST18 and a BSK without adding height to the truck? What I am getting at is other companies (SDHQ, SVC) are claiming to have increased up travel over with their BSK vs. the RPG one I currently have.

Last edited:
OP
OP
crash457

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@RPG

I left ICON off because they do not currently list a bump stop kit for the Gen2.

@ICONRep Feel free to add your responses if you have one available.

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Does this shock mount problem apply to an RST 18 as well? In other words can I get more up travel out of the suspension with an RST18 and a BSK without adding height to the truck? What I am getting at is other companies (SDHQ, SVC) are claiming to have increased up travel over with their BSK vs. the RPG one I currently have.

So let me ask you this. Is 1/4" More then stock? :)~

In all honesty, When you take the shock mounts and bump stops out of the equation, you can gain about 1" more up travel then stock. You limiting factor is the tire hitting the fender. Dont forget about duck walk. So in all honesty, your going to need to replace the rear fenders to gain additional rear up travel.

We have a kit that we dont talk about. RST21.
Must use a 4.0 x 18. (4.0 shock due to the shaft diameter.. not working piston) Fox cant make a 3.5 with the 4.0 shaft.
Gains 3 more inches of up travel over stock.
Requires you to replace the rear fenders
Doesnt notch the frame.
Same droop travel as our RST 18
Air bumps need to be located 3" higher up then on our BSK. Therefore, cutting, welding, big holes in bed. etc.
SO. Is 3" more up travel worth all of the work?

KISS.

vr4henry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@RPG thanks for update
Couple other questions...
Any extra considerations for +3 deavers & your BSK? (I don't see them as package on website)
(I'll have ~250lbs-350lbs in bed)
Just to confirm again -- the bumpstops can be swapped without use of jack? (what about if you had +250lbs in the back :D )

byz250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so the RPG RST 16 for gen 2 truck will require different rear fenders, but you wont have to cut into bed?

---------- Post added at 01:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 AM ----------

So let me ask you this. Is 1/4" More then stock? :)~

In all honesty, When you take the shock mounts and bump stops out of the equation, you can gain about 1" more up travel then stock. You limiting factor is the tire hitting the fender. Dont forget about duck walk. So in all honesty, your going to need to replace the rear fenders to gain additional rear up travel.

We have a kit that we dont talk about. RST21.
Must use a 4.0 x 18. (4.0 shock due to the shaft diameter.. not working piston) Fox cant make a 3.5 with the 4.0 shaft.
Gains 3 more inches of up travel over stock.
Requires you to replace the rear fenders
Doesnt notch the frame.
Same droop travel as our RST 18
Air bumps need to be located 3" higher up then on our BSK. Therefore, cutting, welding, big holes in bed. etc.
SO. Is 3" more up travel worth all of the work?

KISS.

BSK...what is that?
duck walk?

Just wondering how much a RPG 16 kit is and if its a bolt on kit for the RPG...and can I run stock rear fenders.

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
so the RPG RST 16 for gen 2 truck will require different rear fenders, but you wont have to cut into bed?

---------- Post added at 01:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 AM ----------

BSK...what is that?
duck walk?

Just wondering how much a RPG 16 kit is and if its a bolt on kit for the RPG...and can I run stock rear fenders.

BSK Bump Stop Kit

Duck Walk, When only one side of the rear suspension compresses. For a visual, think of a truck "Flexing"

Give us a call for Final costs on the RST16 kit. Yes bolt on. Yes stock rear fenders.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free