Bump Stops

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doing some research on bump stop kits and they all seem to be pretty comparable. Here is what I found on each website:

RPG-
• 3 times thicker than the stock frame
• Strengthens whole rear frame, not just the weak sections
• Big enough and Strong enough to run 4″ long airbumps to increase payloads and towing
• 100% Lifetime warranty on your frame support
• Able to run very little air pressure for smooth and controlled ride
• Double cross bolt design to eliminate inward frame movement
• Doesn’t interfere with aftermarket exhaust options

Rogue-
• 100% American Made
• 3D CAD Designed
• Allows for maximum up travel (+2" of travel over competitors)
• Allows for more mounting points to frame for maximum strength than any other Bump stop on the market!
• Strongest center cross beam 2"x 3" rectangle Frame Brace
• 12 Point hardware on frame brace
• Works for both Sprung Over & Under Applications & up to 37" Tires on stock bedsides
• Takes a King or Fox 2.5" Bump stop

SVC-
• X-treme Offroad Mode = Over 1.5" Extra Bump Travel
• Stock Offroad Mode
• Tow/Payload Mode
• Either Fox or King 2.5" Bump Stops
• Grade 8 Zinc Plated Hardware To Reduce Rust
• CNC Laser Cut and Bent For Precise Fit
• Designed To Taper With Factory Frame
• 100% Bolt On
• Works With All Exhaust Systems

My personal thoughts are:
I like that the SVC is adjustable but its seams that the same effect can be had by adding an Air bump extension pad. I think the Rogue brackets look to be the most heavy duty. I like that RPG specifically notes more detail about their kit and it's compatibility with longer bump stops and aftermarket springs and exhaust.

Anyone have any thing to add?

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I worry about with using the extensions for towing, rather than a 4" bump, is that you've limited yourself to 2.5" of compression. I'd think that would make for a pretty stiff ride, probably harsher than timbrens. Though I guess the extensions themselves compress somewhat? I don't know how hard of a compound they are.

I can't see any reason why you couldn't use a 4" bump or extensions with the rogue racing setup since the bumps are mounted 2" higher than the RPG. If anything it will be easier to swap them out. Problem is you'll get 2" more sag since the bumps are higher. Maybe you could use a 4" stop with a 1" extension though - would be sweet if that combo could be swapped out without jacking the truck.

Last edited:

SVTLOPEZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what are you going to use your truck for is the real question? I went the SVC route due to the fact that its adjustable. all around better quality IMO

OP
OP
crash457

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what are you going to use your truck for is the real question? I went the SVC route due to the fact that its adjustable. all around better quality IMO

This info is more for anyone's benefit, not just mine.
I daily drive mine. I only tow a couple times a year (Trailer is less than 5000#) so the load isn't an issue for me. I am more interested in the extra travel and frame support.

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

What I worry about with using the extensions for towing, rather than a 4" bump, is that you've limited yourself to 2.5" of compression. I'd think that would make for a pretty stiff ride, probably harsher than timbrens. Though I guess the extensions themselves compress somewhat? I don't know how hard of a compound they are.

I can't see any reason why you couldn't use a 4" bump or extensions with the rogue racing setup since the bumps are mounted 2" higher than the RPG. If anything it will be easier to swap them out. Problem is you'll get 2" more sag since the bumps are higher. Maybe you could use a 4" stop with a 1" extension though - would be sweet if that combo could be swapped out without jacking the truck.

The extended bump pad should still ride just as good as the SVC adjusted down for towing, since both still use 2.5 bumps.

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't think you can go wrong with any of the 3 mentioned given history of companies. I thought the RPG was the beefiest option when I chose mine. It carried over a similar looking design to the Gen1 kit, which was used/proven on a majority of the trucks on this forum. Another member here has the rogue kit, had good things to say, but have not see any info on the svc kit or its availability yet.

Less important, but another factor for me, the simplified style of the previous rpg kit faired very well in the saltbelt climates compared to some other kits ive seen over the years (my gen1 sdhq kit included). The only piece exposed to corrosion is the bump itself and is mostly covered in the powdercoated sleeve.

As for different bump uses, i'd think swapping the bump pad would be easier than adjusting the bump itself

byz250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Add to your list above:

Do you have to remove the bed for install?
Does it require cutting holes in frame or inner fenders?
Is the SVC one the only 100% bolt on?

Ecoop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been chatting with svc as well, supposed to be end of month first part of August.

Raven13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the SVC kit on my gen1 and like the adjustable feature. I carry a cordless impact and can move the bump stops down to tow/haul in five minutes then quickly move them up again. You don't have to remove tires to do it. Just something else for y'all to consider, all three companies build quality stuff.