Braking Upgrades?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Wow this truck is under braked. Has anyone had luck with changing just rotors and pads to get better whoa power?

R

Rick@FreedomMotorsports

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I personally don't think the truck is "under-braked" rather, I think it's a matter of pedal feel. The pedal is softer up top than expected (IMO) and the brakes start functioning well when you get your foot deeper into the range.

I just received my R1 BBK from freedom it looks amazing. I'd recommend for sure.

Glad you like the way it looks. Let's get your feedback on how it WORKS and how much better it is (or ?).

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I personally don't think the truck is "under-braked" rather, I think it's a matter of pedal feel. The pedal is softer up top than expected (IMO) and the brakes start functioning well when you get your foot deeper into the range.

Glad you like the way it looks. Let's get your feedback on how it WORKS and how much better it is (or ?).

Well I can't install them today lol give me time I can only report on what I can see at this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spartan1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about getting the R1 BBK or maybe just some drilled and slotted rotors from them. I don't think the BBK will fit under my method mesh 17s. Can anyone confirm? They sure do look good. If they would fit I would consider it.

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about getting the R1 BBK or maybe just some drilled and slotted rotors from them. I don't think the BBK will fit under my method mesh 17s. Can anyone confirm? They sure do look good. If they would fit I would consider it.

R1 Makes a BBK kit for the stock 17's so I am sure they could, Chris would know.