GEN 2 Big Brake Kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chinese made brakes, but they seem to have a good reputation for low cost and decent performance.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I love it when folks spew misinformation. R1Concepts BBK's are manufactured in house in California. The ONLY thing that isn't made in the USA on those kits is the base friction materials for the production of the brake pads. The pads are are assembled in the US. Those friction materials are sourced across four different continents, but the bulk of manufacturing of their pads happens here in the US. Everything else, including the calipers, rotors, lines, brackets, etc are all manufactured in their facility in Cali.

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I love it when folks spew misinformation. R1Concepts BBK's are manufactured in house in California. The ONLY thing that isn't made in the USA on those kits is the base friction materials for the production of the brake pads. The pads are are assembled in the US. Those friction materials are sourced across four different continents, but the bulk of manufacturing of their pads happens here in the US. Everything else, including the calipers, rotors, lines, brackets, etc are all manufactured in their facility in Cali.
Stoptech and R1 use the same rotors as I understand and they are made by the same manufacturer in China. Nothing wrong with that, where is the misinformation ?

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The amount/volume of fluid required to move a total of 28 pistons is going to be much more than the stock setup. Hopefully you have done your engineering and tested the piston pressure/clamp force at each caliper.

That is actually what I just said. The VOLUME of fluid changes, but nothing else. The design of the calipers, etc provides for the change in volume so that the pressure supplied by the stock booster is plenty. Just like any other brake company. R1 has been around for quite a while as well. Their BBK's are run on all kinds of different vehicles. From tuners to large built trucks, etc. They are not "johnny come lately" brake company trying to get in on the game.

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

Stoptech and R1 use the same rotors as I understand and they are made by the same manufacturer in China. Nothing wrong with that, where is the misinformation ?

That is incorrect, Stoptech and R1 do not use the same rotors. That question has come up in the past and I have confirmed that they are indeed not made in China. The core rotors that R1 offers for regular OEM replacement packages are actually cast in Europe, they are not the same company and do not sell the same parts.

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
"cast in Europe".

I don't know what's a better story, made in China or "cast in Europe".

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"cast in Europe".

I don't know what's a better story, made in China or "cast in Europe".

Let me rephrase, "Cast in the UK", meaning the blank rotors themselves. The rotors are machined in the US for the oem bolt on replacement rotors and the rotors for the BBK kits are cast and machined in the US.

But last time I checked, Europe and the UK either one are not in China.

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Let me rephrase, "Cast in the UK", meaning the blank rotors themselves. The rotors are machined in the US for the oem bolt on replacement rotors and the rotors for the BBK kits are cast and machined in the US.

But last time I checked, Europe and the UK either one are not in China.
I'd bet money they're made in China.

$$$$. . And that's still ok. iPhones are made in China too. Nothing wrong with that.

OP
OP
Jayrod

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In reality I don't care where they are made as long as they perform. I did a lot of research on them prior to choosing their system. A few of the BMW m3 and m5 guys have 172k miles on their rides with not even a single crack or warp on their r1 BBK . That imo is damn impressive, considering an M5 going around a track creates way more heat than my DD raptor. Another good PRT about their system is the customization of it, color, lines, pads , rotor sizes etc any way you want it and all for a reasonable price. Once I have it all done I'll have a review for the system, so until then anything else is speculation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In reality I don't care where they are made as long as they perform. I did a lot of research on them prior to choosing their system. A few of the BMW m3 and m5 guys have 172k miles on their rides with not even a single crack or warp on their r1 BBK . That imo is damn impressive, considering an M5 going around a track creates way more heat than my DD raptor. Another good PRT about their system is the customization of it, color, lines, pads , rotor sizes etc any way you want it and all for a reasonable price. Once I have it all done I'll have a review for the system, so until then anything else is speculation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree man. China is better than the UK anyways.

It will be interesting to hear your thoughts.