GEN 2 Best Lift Option - ReadyLIFT or Perch Collar?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TRIO

Reaction score
Hey Fellas,

I'm looking to do a leveling kit (plus Wheels/Tires) on my new truck and was wondering what the best option is for a lift.

It seems to me that the Perch Collar would add some additional compression/tension to the suspension and effect travel & handling.

The ReadyLIFT option would attach to the top of the assembly and not effect the function/travel/handling at all.

Am I totally off base here or is there some truth to my though process?

Also does 2.5 inches perfectly level the truck? I measured from ground to top of wheel arch on the front and rear wheels and the difference was 2". Would the 2.5" option give it a higher front end?

Thanks!

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Perch collar. the other option will allow more droop than your suspension is designed for.

/thread

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey Fellas,

I'm looking to do a leveling kit (plus Wheels/Tires) on my new truck and was wondering what the best option is for a lift.

It seems to me that the Perch Collar would add some additional compression/tension to the suspension and effect travel & handling.

The ReadyLIFT option would attach to the top of the assembly and not effect the function/travel/handling at all.

Am I totally off base here or is there some truth to my though process?

Also does 2.5 inches perfectly level the truck? I measured from ground to top of wheel arch on the front and rear wheels and the difference was 2". Would the 2.5" option give it a higher front end?

Thanks!

You are off base, and youre theorizing is incorrect. A collar doesnt add addition compresson/tension, it basically moves the location of the bottom of the spring, raising height, and does not affect travel or handling.

OP
OP
T

TRIO

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback.

Any thoughts or reports from anyone using the eibach Pro-Lift kit?

Aaron, I'm laughing at your Terrain Mode pic. That's freaking funny! Hahaha

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback.

Any thoughts or reports from anyone using the eibach Pro-Lift kit?

Aaron, I'm laughing at your Terrain Mode pic. That's freaking funny! Hahaha

Eibach looks a little front high to me

Guppy

Reaction score
I'm going to try the ready lift 1.5" to space the shock from the mount.
This should not have any impact on the factory ride.
May not get as much lift on the front as some desire.
But anything compressing the spring is going to change the ride.

Has anyone already tried this?

MattHamby598

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got a 19 three weeks ago and had it leveled the first week with a ready-lift(before joining here and reading about the truck) I’m not a fan of the ride and plan to do the collars next week.