BDS Recoil Traction Bars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lottp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried out these BDS Recoil Traction Bars?

2004-2017 F150 BDS Recoil Traction Bars & Mount Kit for 0-6" Lifts 123419+123409

The price looks reasonable and I'd love to get rid of the wheel hop on launches. They supposedly won't mess with wheel travel, but I'm really looking for on-road performance more than anything. I'm also not sure if they fit with the Raptor's unique frame.

Are there better options?

Jesse@MBRP

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have no experience with those bars but I have used several sets of One Up Offroad's bars and they work awesome! BDS makes really nice stuff so I would imagine theirs are quality product as well.

Jesse

---------- Post added at 09:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------

OUO - One Up Offroad Parts

bigrig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no experience with those bars but I have used several sets of One Up Offroad's bars and they work awesome! BDS makes really nice stuff so I would imagine theirs are quality product as well.

Jesse

---------- Post added at 09:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------

OUO - One Up Offroad Parts

Are traction bars more of an on-road or off-road mod? The concept seems interesting but wouldn't those bars almost act like a rear swaybar? The video says that it doesn't mess up articulation but I find that hard to believe. This is the first time I have heard of traction bars though so forgive the ignorance.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are traction bars more of an on-road or off-road mod? The concept seems interesting but wouldn't those bars almost act like a rear swaybar? The video says that it doesn't mess up articulation but I find that hard to believe. This is the first time I have heard of traction bars though so forgive the ignorance.

the only thing keeping the axle from wrapping is the leaf spring, so these will help with wheel hop and locating the axle as far as twisting forward and back. they should not affect articulation..

i look at the loss of ground clearance as a neg

---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------

here's a good illustration of whats going on under there:

bigrig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the only thing keeping the axle from wrapping is the leaf spring, so these will help with wheel hop and locating the axle as far as twisting forward and back. they should not affect articulation..

i look at the loss of ground clearance as a neg

Wow, that video was crazy! Great look at axle wrap/wheel hop there. Thanks for attaching that. And thanks for the traction bar explanation!

I think upgraded heavy duty springs and shackles help negate axle wrap/wheel hop though. I remember thinking when I put on a set of the +3 Deavers that there was no way the truck was going to overpower the springs.

(I think that thought went through my head somewhere around the time I was getting pinned under the weight of the springs when trying to get it lined up with the shackles :)

I haven't felt the truck get too loose while offroading, but then again I am not sure I would actually feel axle wrap or wheel hop while doing that either.

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They really improve performance of beach driving as well. You can get a lot of wheel hop during heavy throttle in damp sand.

R,
HAP

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow, that video was crazy! Great look at axle wrap/wheel hop there. Thanks for attaching that. And thanks for the traction bar explanation!

I think upgraded heavy duty springs and shackles help negate axle wrap/wheel hop though. I remember thinking when I put on a set of the +3 Deavers that there was no way the truck was going to overpower the springs.

(I think that thought went through my head somewhere around the time I was getting pinned under the weight of the springs when trying to get it lined up with the shackles :)

I haven't felt the truck get too loose while offroading, but then again I am not sure I would actually feel axle wrap or wheel hop while doing that either.

you're right.. i think deavers that get rid of the lift block help quite a bit, because you're moving the spring closer to the axle, so some leverage is removed. dont see too many raptors with traction bars..

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score

:win:

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score