Bajamod vs RPG

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are these collars essentially the same thing? 2" vs 1.5" of actual lift being the only difference?

I see someone measure OEM rake to be slightly over 2" so for me, I think RPG is the better bet unless there's other differences?

D

Deleted member 12951

I think both products are great. But I do like the Bajamod Coil Spacer design idea better and if I had a GEN2, I would be getting that one for a stationary option. No need to remove and adjust the factory shock, just compress the spring and slip it in, uncompress. Is Bajamod done with production and selling them though?

Last edited by a moderator:

sea2jet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I measured a 2017 and that one was only 1.5" between the back and the front. 2" might be too much unless you want that nose in the sky look.

Tonecapone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I measured a 2017 and that one was only 1.5" between the back and the front. 2" might be too much unless you want that nose in the sky look.

When I measure I got 2 1/8th. Screw with a moon roof.
Tone

NJSP117

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think both products are great. But I do like the Bajamod Coil Spacer design idea better and if I had a GEN2, I would be getting that one for a stationary option. No need to remove and adjust the factory, just compress the spring and slip it in, uncompress. Is Bajamod done with production and selling them though?

Do you think you could compress the spring a full 2" while it's still on the truck or would you have to remove the shock and compress it that way. 2" seems like a lot of lift for the front. I guess I need to measure my drop from the back to the front.

D

Deleted member 12951

Do you think you could compress the spring a full 2" while it's still on the truck or would you have to remove the shock and compress it that way. 2" seems like a lot of lift for the front. I guess I need to measure my drop from the back to the front.

Ask them.

[email protected]
(832) 872-BAJA (2252)

OP
OP
B

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Let us know how you measure how, would be nice to get a 2nd on Tone's numbers

Tonecapone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let us know how you measure how, would be nice to get a 2nd on Tone's numbers

The most accurate way to measure is on a flat surface and from the middle of the wheel well to the center of the rim. That way you remove tire air pressure and uneven terrain from the equation.

Tone

JonasAtLethal

Reaction score

I just tried to compress the spring enough to put the RPG unit on, I didn't even come CLOSE! I put the truck on a lift and lowered it, full weight, on the outside of the a arm, clamped it on, tightened it as much as I could, then lifted it again. I got MAYBE a 1/4" off the perch in the highest spot. If anyone manages to do it on the truck, my hat is off to you LOL.